The "Would You Rather?" Thread, Part II - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

#1 Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

The idea of this thread is to pose questions of each other in a "Would you rather do this or that?" Please answer the last unaddressed question before posting one of your own.

So, with that in mind, would you rather be the opening act for the reunion tour of your favorite broken-up band, or be the person responsible for getting them back together however temporarily?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Opening act!

Would you rather have a personal chef or be a personal shopper for someone?
#3 Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Have a personal chef.

Would you rather be able to get free music CDs in the mail every week for a whole year, even if you don't get to choose them, or be given free front row seats at every concert held in your town or city for an entire year?

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Free concert tickets.

Would you rather keep a diary in cuneiform or braille?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#5 Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

cuneiform.

Would you rather keep goats to maintain your lawn, or get your exercise pushing around a manual lawnmower?

#6 Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Manual lawnmower. It's a choice between looking Amish/Luddite or looking like a complete hick... and still Amish. I have no particular fascination with goats, and it wouldn't be fair for me to keep goats around to keep the grass low if I really wasn't interested in taking care of them.

Would you rather post only in threads that had five or more pages, or only post in the Intros and Fun & Games forums?

#7 Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

That #2 thingy.

Would you rather inherit a fabulous Victorian mansion in the city or a small wooden shack in the country?

#8 Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Wooden shack baby!

Would you rather be born old and get younger or be born young and grow old?
#9 Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Born old and grow younger. I live in Lotus Land. That's what everyone around here wants anyway.

Would you rather live in a world where nobody ever lies, or live in a world where everyone is expected to lie and simply telling the truth about anything offends people?

#10 Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

#1. I already live in #2, I believe.

Would you rather show up to work with a massive hangover or the stomach flu, because if you don't go, you will be fired?

#11 Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

The stomach flu. I would just hope they tell me to go home. I don't know that I could deal with the fluorecent lights and annoying coworkers with a massive hangover...

Would you rather a coworker catch your streaking or one of your parents?
#12 Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Would you rather show up to work with a massive hangover or the stomach flu, because if you don't go, you will be fired?

Massive Hangover - because i've done that and it's not TOOOO bad!
#13 Old 09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd rather a coworker catch me streaking. Most of my coworkers would find it funny, but my parents would most definitely be offended.

Dahlia--you may not be familiar with how this game's played. If someone else has already answered a question, you're supposed to answer the question they pose. And then you pose one yourself.

Would you rather never be able to find a pen that writes or have every telephone call you make or receive be dropped after exactly five minutes?

#14 Old 09-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd really rather have that five minute limit on every phone call. Some phone calls I get stuck in go on way too long.

Would you rather live on an Earth colony on another planet and never see the people you love ever again, or work for NASA or some other space agency and be one of the people preparing to send your loved ones to an Earth colony?

#15 Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

If anyone's going to go to another planet, I want to be among them! Either way I don't get to see my loved ones, so I'd rather be the one having the flippin' amazing experience!

Would you rather buy your groceries online or in a physical store?

#16 Old 09-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Physical store. I can better control what I buy that way, I think.

Would you rather learn how to grow flowers that are so amazingly beautiful that they make people cry and inspire poets and musicians, or learn how to grow food plants that will nourish and sustain all the people of the earth?

#17 Old 09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I think we are more in need of nourishing food for all people than we are in need of inspirational flowers, so I'll go for the food.

Would you rather never again be able to eat anything salty or anything sweet?

#18 Old 09-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I can do w/o the sweet, the salty I need.

Would you rather battle prehistoric robot dinosaurs in a parallel world to win the love of the worthiest person in the universe, or create the comic book, make a million bucks, and then sell the movie rights to Universal Studios and watch the movie be the biggest flop of the year?

#19 Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Would I rather do something stupid and get love, or do something stupid and get a lot of money? That's easy--I'd rather do something stupid and get a lot of money. I'd rather have love for doing something smart.

Would you rather have a liquid diet for the next week or get your only fluids through the foods you eat for the next week?

#20 Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Liquid diet.

Would you rather marry into a family that thinks that alcoholic beverages are tools of the Devil, or marry into a family that you think drinks a little too much?

#21 Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm more likely to have other things in common with people who drink a little more than I'm fully comfortable with than I am with people who seriously use phrases like "tool of the Devil" to describe alcohol. I'll go with the drinkers.

Would you rather dress like an Amish person every day, or like a runway model every day?

#22 Old 09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Runway model, duh.

Would you rather have an agreement with the local bookstore that your book group can meet at the store any time you want and stay until closing, but if you sit at a cafe table, you have to buy something from the cafe every time, or have an agreement with the local public library to have your book group meet there, but you'd couldn't bring food in and you'd be limited to certain days and times which may not be convenient for everyone in the book group?

#23 Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

The second. If we really want food or drinks and not book discussion, we can do that elsewhere.

Would you rather have massive amounts of pet hair and dander floating around you at all times, or wood dust/shavings floating around you at all times?

#24 Old 09-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

The first choice. I have three cats and it's my current living status anyway, so I may as well keep it that way.

Would you rather make your own Halloween costume, even though it may not be terribly creative, or spend the money at a costume shop on something more interesting?

#25 Old 10-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I'd rather make my own costume. That'd be more fun

Would you rather take a few mini vacations during the year or one giant vacation?
#26 Old 10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I had to think about that for a minute, but I decided I'd rather take one giant vacation. I think it would be too stressful constantly leaving and returning and getting back into a normal life and then remembering that I'm going away again, etc. etc. With one giant vacation, it would take me a few days to destress from my regular life anyway, and then I can just enjoy myself for a while without worrying about getting back to my life in a couple of days.

Would you rather have a personal chef who makes you fabulous gourmet vegan meals every day, or be a personal chef to the stars and have the opportunity to cook for all kinds of celebrities and educate them about the vegan diet?

#27 Old 10-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I'd rather be the personal chef. I'm much happier with myself when I'm cooking regularly, and if I were cooking for others, I would certainly eat the food myself.

Would you rather have a drippy nose or a sore throat?

#28 Old 10-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Drippy nose.

You've gotten a summer job at the local zoo, and you'll be assisting one of the animal curators. Would you rather help with the primates or with the reptiles?

#29 Old 10-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Reptiles.

Would you rather find half a worm in your apple, or half a fly in your soup?

#30 Old 10-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Neither. Well, if you insist, worm.

Would you rather be struck by lightning or accidentally touch a live wire?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page