SFP LXXVI: The Sluts Strike Again: Scotland or Bust! - Page 25 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#721 Old 09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Muddling through stuff in non-English languages can be so much fun.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#722 Old 09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Baked chips are so much better.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#723 Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

But this frozen cantaloupe with no additions whatsoever is friggin amaaaaaazing...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#724 Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

How was Chance labeled?

I don't remember actually, we were pretty exhausted (having walked about 25 miles that day) and a bit drunk (having been plied with shots by the lady who ran the albergue). I think it was South American though, the money was in dollars, I can't remember the names of the streets or I'd have a better shot of being more specific.
#725 Old 09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Muddling through stuff in non-English languages can be so much fun.

Yes! Especially when you can understand enough to get the gist, but then end up translating the odd word completely wrongly and come out with total insanity.
#726 Old 09-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

Yes! Especially when you can understand enough to get the gist, but then end up translating the odd word completely wrongly and come out with total insanity.

No kidding!

#727 Old 09-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Spanish Monopoly sounds fun. I have a Monopoly CD Rom where you can play with other countries' boards. That was fun.

There's also Chavopoly, a bit NSFW so I will link: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c.../chavopoly.gif
#728 Old 09-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Apparently, I am slutting alone. Eh, it's OK. This sandwich is nummy (or I'm really just that hungry).
#729 Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Veggie Regular

You're not alone!
#730 Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

Apparently, I am slutting alone. Eh, it's OK. This sandwich is nummy (or I'm really just that hungry).

Nu huh, you are slutting with at least four others

I'm glad the sandwich is good. I tried vegan paté on toast earlier and man it was goood.
#731 Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

You're not alone!

Am too! You guys are in bizarro Monopoly world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorzelGummidge View Post

Nu huh, you are slutting with at least four others

I'm glad the sandwich is good. I tried vegan paté on toast earlier and man it was goood.

Cool deal! What flavor? I have vegan paté in the fridge--spicy Mexican flavor. Courtesy of Kate.
#732 Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Ankle Biter

Back from Costco. I only go a few times a year, and boy, I'm glad when it's over.

I did buy a humongo bucket of Sabra hummus! Score!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#733 Old 09-12-2009, 02:23 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

guhhhhhhhhhhhh

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#734 Old 09-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

Am too! You guys are in bizarro Monopoly world!

Join us, you get free cash every few minutes.

Quote:
Cool deal! What flavor? I have vegan paté in the fridge--spicy Mexican flavor. Courtesy of Kate.

Mine is called "Beanfeast" and it's by Redwood. It tastes just like the omni French paté whose name I can't remember.
#735 Old 09-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

If I hear back from my friend Mike, I'll be going to the county fair this evening for the second half of the tractor pull. After 9, people get into the fair free, and that's also when people are starting to leave the pull, so there are all kinds of seats up for grabs, even on the front row. The latest pulls are the biggest and loudest, the semi trucks. I'll need to remember my earplugs if I go.

#736 Old 09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Back. And I backread!

Drove E to the airport, he's gone to Louisiana until Monday to catch the Saints game tomorrow. He had an airline voucher he had to use by the end of the month or it would expire so he spent it to go there. So it's party time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindancer86 View Post

What are hobnobs?

Nobbly, oaty biscuits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idhreneth View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HobNob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindancer86 View Post

Ah, they're avenas! They don't have the in the US as far as I know, but I know them as avenas from Spain

They do have them in the US! They have them in this little gourmet/specialty shop right across the street from us. But they are charging $6 a pack for them Considering they were only .44 (sorry don't know how to do the pound sign) on sale in London when we were there, the $6 is kind of hard to justify.

Quote:

I wouldn't recommend veterinary science. It's a hugely expensive degree, you get sued ALL the time as a vet and you see a lot of animals being mistreated/neglected (more often than not unintentionally) and you don't have much power to do anything.

I was actually looking into veterinary medicine pretty seriously at one point. Did all the required volunteer work, even interviewed to get into a vet school (if you get an interview you have a 50% chance of getting into this very competitive program). I didn't get in, and looking back I am so glad I didn't. Things I saw during the volunteer work I did with various vets still come back to haunt me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idhreneth View Post

Hang on a sec.... Are HobNobs vegan?!?!?!?! I think my life would be complete if they are...

HobNobs and a cup of tea

Yes they are! And amazing with tea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

So, kind of like what we call an Oatmeal Cookie! I usually make mine with raisins but chocolate chips definitely work!

Not *quite*. I have yet to find anything here that really compares.

Quote:

I don't get very many PMs

*sniffles*

Haha, wait. Once you throw out a few infractions you'll have angry people PMing you left and right.

Well, not really

Quote:

You know it's really hard not to press that. *finger slips* Oops goodbye Amy... *and again* Oops bye Fyvel

Yup, sorry we can't give each other infractions
#737 Old 09-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

For those Monopoly lovers:

http://www.monopolycitystreets.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Back from Costco. I only go a few times a year, and boy, I'm glad when it's over.

I did buy a humongo bucket of Sabra hummus! Score!

Jealous!!!

I stocked up on chickpeas today and plan on making some homemade hummus.

I think I may put it on a roasted veggie sammich for dinner.
#738 Old 09-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

Haha, wait. Once you throw out a few infractions you'll have angry people PMing you left and right.

Well, not really

Yup, sorry we can't give each other infractions

Can't wait for angry PMs

Hang on.. how are you posting, I banned you!!?
#739 Old 09-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Can't wait for angry PMs

Hang on.. how are you posting, I banned you!!?

I have mod seniority

I think I've only gotten like 1 or 2 angry PMs so far.
#740 Old 09-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I spent THREE HOURS at the hospital this morning. Well, the walk-in clinic at the hospital. Not my ideal way to spend my morning. Brian goes "Get up, I'm taking you to the doctor" I got Azithromycin and some cough syrup with codeine in it. I haven't taken either yet, because I'm at work, and I don't know how the antibiotics will affect me. The cough stuff I'm not even taking until I go to bed.

They even had to take blood. :'(

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#741 Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Angel View Post

I spent THREE HOURS at the hospital this morning. Well, the walk-in clinic at the hospital. Not my ideal way to spend my morning. Brian goes "Get up, I'm taking you to the doctor" I got Azithromycin and some cough syrup with codeine in it. I haven't taken either yet, because I'm at work, and I don't know how the antibiotics will affect me. The cough stuff I'm not even taking until I go to bed.

Poor baby! Feel better soon. Cough syrup with codeine will definitely knock you on your arse. You'll get a good night's rest though.
#742 Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Feel better soon!
#743 Old 09-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Sorry that really sucks.

That codeine cough syrup is like magic though. Whenever I have a cough that keeps me up at night, a dose of that before bed makes the difference between being awake all night and getting a good sleep.
#744 Old 09-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:

Feel better soon

Skylark, how do you tell how many times users have posted in a thread?
#745 Old 09-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks guys! Can I take the Azithromycin and cough syrup at the same time, or should I wait in between doses?

#746 Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

It feels a bit late to be moving furniture around my room now, think I'm just going to have to get up early tomorrow to tidy up.
#747 Old 09-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thanks guys! Can I take the Azithromycin and cough syrup at the same time, or should I wait in between doses?

I don't know... but as long as the doctor or pharmacist didn't say anything, and there are no warnings on the labels, you're probably good. Could always call the pharmacy to be sure though
#748 Old 09-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe I should just take the antibiotics now... Gotta eat something first. Me + pills + empty stomach=

Me + pills + full stomach= slightly gaggy until I get pills down. We need a gaggy smiley.

#749 Old 09-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

Check the leaflets, they always say what other medicines they 'clash' with.

It's usually only a problem if they both contain doses of the same thing e.g. paracetemol.
#750 Old 09-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

What shall I eat? I've really only had toast, crisps, chips and chocolate milk today, I think I need something of some nutritional value.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page