Old non veg products? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-26-2008, 12:36 PM

What did you do with your old products that aren't animal friendly? For example, I'm going to be finishing up the cosmetics I already have, but what about leather? Did you still use the leather products you already bought? I feel it would be wasteful not to. I'm stumped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

This has been asked before and the general consensus seems to be.... go with what feels right for you.

If you really can't handle wearing your leather items then maybe you could donate them to a salvation army shop, homeless or something similar. If you have no problem wearing them then keep them until they are ready to throw out.
#3 Old 11-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep, it's personal choice. I for one am way too frugal to waste anything.

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZVeggie View Post

This has been asked before and the general consensus seems to be.... go with what feels right for you.

If you really can't handle wearing your leather items then maybe you could donate them to a salvation army shop, homeless or something similar. If you have no problem wearing them then keep them until they are ready to throw out.

Oops sorry! Board search is sensitive so I couldn't find too much.
#5 Old 11-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I gave all of my food products to friends that wanted them... as for everything else, I still use leather if I had any before. I never purposefully bought leather in my life -- ever... but I'm sure I have some things made out of it that I'm not even aware of. As much as I'd like to get rid of all of that, it's just not practcal for my starving student lifestyle. :P
#6 Old 11-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Like you I thought it would be wasteful to just not use the products I already had on hand. Donating to food pantries and thrift stores is a great option. Family and friends will often welcome the boost to their closets and pantries, too. The only thing I didn't pass on was my leather couch. It will probably last me for years and I will donate it when it's no longer useful to me.
#7 Old 11-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

(I used to buy shoes when there was a really great sale and store them for future use).

People always thought I was crazy because I do this (as if there aren't plenty of other valid reasons to think me crazy)! I always figured shoe sizes and styles don't really change much, so why not save when I can... especially since I live in sneakers and black boots?
#8 Old 11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I say use what you have left until it is gone, but if it makes you uncomfortable than give away the items (unless they are cosmetics or opened food of course).

Most of my leather goods were in wearable condition and I donated. If you have perishable food than either use it up or give it to a friend. Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page