Small Veggie Victory - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Beginner

For dinner I was going to have a boca burger (I am weaning myself slowly off meat) but then my bro decided to order from the local diner. Did I mention I LOVE the turkey burger there. However, upon further examination I saw they actually have a veggie burger.

I called and the older greek lady answered the phone (she is a doll) and I asked if I could have the greek burger deluxe (its a beef burger in a pita with a side of greek salad with feta) but with a veggie patty instead. Actually, I said "Would it be possible for me to pleease have a veggie burger instead of meat" to which she responded "of course sweetie! Give me your address so I can feed you." LOLOL I LOVE my neighborhood sometimes

May not seem like a big deal but if I can resist those turkey burgers its a huuuuge step for me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww it's like having your grandma down the street all the time
#3 Old 10-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Veggie Regular

That is so sweet. I wish I can get service like that. Congrats on your Huge step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Beginner

Thanks guys! The veggie burger was actually kinda greasy like falfalel (not one of my faves) but I am glad I ordered it.

Oh this woman is too cute (she is like a grandma). I live in a greek area where the service ranges from totally disinterested and rude lol (most of the places) to the occassional gem. The food was at my place in like 10-12 mins too. Bonus! I was glad she picked up the phone bc I asked if I could sub something else once and the guy was rude and belligerent so that made me happy!
#5 Old 10-12-2008, 11:55 PM

thats very cool!!!
#6 Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

That's great! I love when you find your favorite place can still offer you choices after you've made a change. I recently had a similar experience when I was dragged reluctantly with my group of friends into a burger place I had once loved in my omni days... only to find out they now offer TWO veggie burger choices and you can sub them into any of their burger choices.
#7 Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Beginner

It is HJones- made me happy!

EarthWhispers that is awesome. I don't know what your fave meat was (I am transitioning into veggieism but haven't eaten meat in several days)- I loved burgers but only beef ones about 5-6 times a year and steak the same amt. My body simply doesn't digest beef well (whose does?). I love a good turkey burger which is why I knew I could deal with veggie ones bc they are both leanish.

I think its fab you have TWO options and you can do them with whatever- sometimes a pattie melt is so good why not have it with a good veggie burger. Who can resist grilled onions and cheese! If you eat cheese that is!

I had a gardenburger whatever its called at Subway today. It was ok. I think ithad shrooms in it (I am not a big fan of shrooms) but the texture was ok. I would get it again. The bread was toasty and tasty.
#8 Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Heh, that's how I first started into vegetarianism all those years ago! We were grilling out and some chicken breasts were supposed to taste great by everybody, but I calmly was able to turn it down and just have salad. Yay me. Temptations rarely bother me any more unless I'm hungry.
#9 Old 10-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieLizzie View Post

EarthWhispers that is awesome. I don't know what your fave meat was (I am transitioning into veggieism but haven't eaten meat in several days)- I loved burgers but only beef ones about 5-6 times a year and steak the same amt. My body simply doesn't digest beef well (whose does?). I love a good turkey burger which is why I knew I could deal with veggie ones bc they are both leanish.

I think its fab you have TWO options and you can do them with whatever- sometimes a pattie melt is so good why not have it with a good veggie burger. Who can resist grilled onions and cheese! If you eat cheese that is!

I had a gardenburger whatever its called at Subway today. It was ok. I think ithad shrooms in it (I am not a big fan of shrooms) but the texture was ok. I would get it again. The bread was toasty and tasty.

I was always a turkey fan... not so big on beef, but I enjoyed a good holiday BBQ. Naturally, once I tried turkey burgers I loved them.

Now you have me craving a patty melt! I actually hate onions unless they are grilled. I'm also still eating cheese. (Shame on me, I know...)

Never eaten the Subway burgers, but I hear mixed reviews on them. Our local ones don't offer the veggie burgers. If I end up at Subway, I usually just have a selection of vegetables topped with a dash of the oil and some salt and pepper. Yum.
#10 Old 10-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Beginner

Good for you PJ78! Chicken breasts have kinda always bored me- as the diet forever type through my teens it was always like "lean protein lean protein" snooooore b ut they are a good and easy grill item if you are omni

EW- funny enough i never liked thanksgiving turkey and sliced turkey ehhh but I liked GROUND turkey. My mom is pretty health-conscious and would make meatballs and tacos with ground turkey and buy turkey sausage. I made her try MSF bfast sausage a few years ago when I made her b'fast and she liked it but the MSF bacon freaked her out (looks) and she wouldn't eat it LOLOL. Yeh the subway things are alright- they are totally processed but not bad and i think u might like the texture and u can kinda taste the vegginess. I was actually thinking of getting the veggies in a wrap next time

Patty melts are tasty! I like em on an english muffin maybe with the boca burger - they wouldnt work with like the chickpeaish ones or the subway things that would be weird. I love grilled onions too!
#11 Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 PM

Totally Awesome....good for you...bigg CONGRATS on your victory!!
#12 Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Beginner

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it
#13 Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned

Sounds like sarcasm to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page