Is it possible? (feeling better after 2 days w/o meat or milk) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-12-2008, 07:07 AM

Is it posible that i feel better after 2 meatless/milkless days?? am i just hoping for it to be so? or can i really feel "lighter" and more upbeat already???

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Certainly. Although truth be told it's probably all in your head. But that's good too.
#3 Old 05-12-2008, 07:31 AM

yea i was thinking that was the case. however! i do feel good today! maybe its just my mood or something. but i never feel like this on a monday morning at work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Vegan Police Officer

No, it's not in your head.

Animal products take a long time and are hard to digest for humans. They're not good for the body. Dairy products are completely unnatural (milk is meant for babies, not adults, and cow's milk for humans is like putting poison in your body).

The more natural foods you eat, the lighter and healthier you will feel.

If you cut out all the processed crap (including the "fake meats", etc). you will feel even better. Try eating ONLY fruit for breakfast and up till midday, and you'll feel even lighter!
#5 Old 05-12-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

No, it's not in your head.

Animal products take a long time and are hard to digest for humans. They're not good for the body. Dairy products are completely unnatural (milk is meant for babies, not adults, and cow's milk for humans is like putting poison in your body).

The more natural foods you eat, the lighter and healthier you will feel.

If you cut out all the processed crap (including the "fake meats", etc). you will feel even better. Try eating ONLY fruit for breakfast and up till midday, and you'll feel even lighter!

thanks for the reply and yes! i had EVERY intention of going half way with this and doing vege's 3-4 days a week. but then i got on here and watched the meet your meat video and i decided to just go for it and really try hard. and! i read about milk having pus in it and just GROSSED out. for some reason that really really makes me sick to my stomach. so i bought some soy coffee creamer and some soy sorbet type icecream (that was really really good much to my surprise!)

so the plan is to stay stocked on fruit and vege's and beans etc. and add stuff every week to my pantry. wheat flour, i want to try lentels, etc. stuff like that.

J
#6 Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Vegan Police Officer

jahote: If you've never tried "stuff" like lentils, then I reckon you have a WHOLE NEW WONDERFUL GASTRONIMICAL WORLD to explore, because I suspect you (like many people brought up in the west) have no idea what amazing variety of food nature offers us.

Enjoy.
#7 Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 AM

yea stuff! like lentals! lol! i am born and raised in texas. so yea, meat good. green stuff bad! my dad was a grill master every weekend cooking out. and texas in general is a big meat eating state.

so yep. going to be an experiance. i did do lacto ovo years ago but cheated alot and didnt understand what it was all about. didnt know about milk, didnt see the cruelty behind the meals. so i am more serious now.

J
#8 Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

i definately could see how you would feel better in 2 days! i dont remember what it was like to eat meat, but cutting dairy out will have an immediate efffect. Like diana said, animal protein is hard to digest.

just think of this summer,esp when you will have copious amounts of fresh fruits andveggies around!! you'll feel so clean! i cant wait myself! weeee ! :P
#9 Old 05-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

Dairy products are completely unnatural (milk is meant for babies, not adults, and cow's milk for humans is like putting poison in your body).

Poison?
#10 Old 05-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

Poison?

Yep. Poison.

Cows milk is for calves... not for humans.

Cow milk has calcium... which is good for your body.

Cow milk has acidic properties... which are bad for your body. Your body will need to fight acid with alkaline, your body will pull out alkaline from your bones. The process will sharply decrease your energy and inner core.

Cow milk has casein... which is bad for your body. Casein is addictive. The nature uses it to make the calve crave more milk, eat more and grow stronger. Harmful for a human.

Cows milk has hormones... which are bad for your body, at least you are a cow.

Cows milk has bacterial beings... which are bad to your body.

Cows milk has viruses that won't die with the pasteurization... which well... are bad for your body...

So ffar is 1-5... need to continue?

Get a green smoothie for breakfasts and leave the milk for the cows.
#11 Old 05-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Yes, poison. What Chicogoan said.

And more.

Milk (except mother's milk for their baby species) is a crime against humanity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page