Animals are meant to be eaten! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Newbie
 
Jinjur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4
Lol, like the title? But yea I actually am a vegetarian. Even if God says I should eay meat. Been veggie for two years now. <- this smilie is really gross. So, yea meats gross. Last week I went to some play thingy and I had these potatoes. They were good. I got the recipe for them, they had cream of chicken. Ewwwwwwww.... I kind of wanted to increase my meat sense. Pretty much all I know is that geleten is animal bones, ewwwwwww. Ok thats about it.
Jinjur is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular
 
SomebodyElse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a California Ghost Town
Posts: 7,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjur View Post

Lol, like the title?

It got my attention!

www.thesaucyvegan.com
SomebodyElse is offline  
#3 Old 05-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Bof
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjur View Post

God says I should eay meat.



God speaks to you? Wow! Could you put a word in for me?
Bof is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 05-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,482
^^ yerh , Bof needs it , Anyway and welcome....any questions just post
bluegold is offline  
#5 Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Byzantea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 732
Byzantea is offline  
#6 Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular
 
ChiKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,445
Great website Soy 6-Pack. Definitely showed that one to my mom, after my Grandma asked my 13-year old vegetarian sister "You know, God says you're supposed to eat meat. You don't think you're smarter than God, do you??"

Really Grandma?

Anyways. I know how frustrating it is to find out you've accidentally eaten an animal product, such as chicken broth. My mom thinks she can still cook food with chicken broth as long as I don't find out...awesome.
ChiKat is offline  
#7 Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
aww man... i hate that sentence!! :P
GhostUser is offline  
#8 Old 05-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
gawd gelatine's horrible... i havent fallen off the wagon for a few months with that, thank heavens. hehe.
GhostUser is offline  
#9 Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
lol the title got my attention also I was all geared up to report you as a troll. welcome to the boards.
guinnesshero is offline  
#10 Old 05-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Veggie Regular
 
rabid_child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,282
God says, eh? I could have sworn the bible was written by Man... and tells you all sorts of other things, like how it's Ok to own slaves, and that if you work on the Sabbath you should be put to death. Good thing we don't follow all these rules!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
rabid_child is offline  
#11 Old 05-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Beginner
 
mrs-s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 113
i thought god said "thou shalt not kill"............?
mrs-s is offline  
#12 Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Fromper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 7,014
I know where the Bible says that God told Adam and Eve to be vegetarians (Genesis 1:29, IIRC), but where exactly in the Bible does it say that God told humans to eat other animals?



And KatherineLynn, if I were you, I'd stop eating your mom's cooking. Doesn't she know that one of the first rules of parenting is that you should never lie to your children?



--Fromper

Fromper is offline  
#13 Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular
 
raefactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 739
I think humans were *allowed* to eat meat because during that time there wasn't a lot of options... so God said, "If you HAVE to eat meat, only eat these types."



In this day and age there is NO reason for us to eat so much meat... we have alternatives and should be eating less meat than ever, but instead we eat more than is even healthy. O_o



I also have a hard time seeing Jesus chowing down on a steak if he were around today... the factory farming issue is horrible, not to mention the world hunger and environmental issues. Jesus eating meat (or at least more than a little meat) in this day and age does not add up with what I know about him from having a relationship with him.
raefactor is offline  
#14 Old 05-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Newbie
 
Diko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11
Welcome to the boards (I'm new myself). I don't get upset if I accidentally eat an animal product because it was un-intentional however mothers cooking with chicken boullion that sucks. I'm sorry that you don't have the support you need.





Soy thank you for that website..it will come in handy with my parents ;-)



Yay rabid-child..finally someone else who believes that the bible is as fallable *sp* because it's written by man.
Diko is offline  
#15 Old 05-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs-s View Post

i thought god said "thou shalt not kill"............?



*nods head* soo true!!!!
GhostUser is offline  
#16 Old 05-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raefactor View Post

In this day and age there is NO reason for us to eat so much meat... we have alternatives and should be eating less meat than ever, but instead we eat more than is even healthy. O_o



I totally agree with you, rae!! I've told my mum exactly that...



Honestly, isn't it obvious how many alternatives that are out there now? WOW... the list is ENDLESS!!!!



And you can get all the vitamins, minerals etc from non-meat sources!
GhostUser is offline  
#17 Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
God allowed men to eat meat after the flood due to the fact that the vegatation had been destroyed- it was only a certain type of meat and it had to be prepared a specific way.



If you truly read the Scriptures you will see the progression but that - most only ate meat in small amounts occasionally and the majority came from fish.



The Scripture also says "all things are lawful to me, but not all things are beneficial to me"



"the thou shalt not kill... was not referring to animals" as God himself took the animals and made clothes for Adam and Eve- he also required sacrifices of animals to him. that was under his Law, (along with the sabbath day)



But that was all done away with when Christ went to the cross- for an end was put to all that right there as Christ fulfilled the law.



If people would acutally study it the Bible out you would be able to answer these questions logically and be able to stand on your vegaterianism using the Scriptures.



As this is how I do it~ many people have used these arguments with me as my hubby is a pastor... If you know the word you can lead them straight thru the Bible showing them the progression and then how it changes...



Right to " all things are lawful to me but not all things are beneficial" then ask them to prove to you how it's beneficial to...



treat dairy cows the way they do - describe it in detail

then share with them the way there beef, chicken and veal come to them... tell them about the many health risk to eating meat...



Works ... everytime they may not become veggies but they shut up ~ and many have stood up for me.
GhostUser is offline  
#18 Old 05-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissylynn View Post

God allowed men to eat meat after the flood due to the fact that the vegatation had been destroyed- it was only a certain type of meat and it had to be prepared a specific way.



If you truly read the Scriptures you will see the progression but that - most only ate meat in small amounts occasionally and the majority came from fish.



The Scripture also says "all things are lawful to me, but not all things are beneficial to me"



"the thou shalt not kill... was not referring to animals" as God himself took the animals and made clothes for Adam and Eve- he also required sacrifices of animals to him. that was under his Law, (along with the sabbath day)



But that was all done away with when Christ went to the cross- for an end was put to all that right there as Christ fulfilled the law.



If people would acutally study it the Bible out you would be able to answer these questions logically and be able to stand on your vegaterianism using the Scriptures.



As this is how I do it~ many people have used these arguments with me as my hubby is a pastor... If you know the word you can lead them straight thru the Bible showing them the progression and then how it changes...



Right to " all things are lawful to me but not all things are beneficial" then ask them to prove to you how it's beneficial to...



treat dairy cows the way they do - describe it in detail

then share with them the way there beef, chicken and veal come to them... tell them about the many health risk to eating meat...



Works ... everytime they may not become veggies but they shut up ~ and many have stood up for me.



Thats all fine and good but alot of people on this board arent christian.And some hate religion so they dont care to study the bible when they make remarks about thou shalt not kill(not saying the person who did was) they are being sarcastic to the person who brings up it being in the bible that we can eat meat.
guinnesshero is offline  
#19 Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Veggie Regular
 
LetoTheTyrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

Thats all fine and good but alot of people on this board arent christian.And some hate religion so they dont care to study the bible when they make remarks about thou shalt not kill.



You can't argue, especially if you are vegan for AR reasons, that thou shalt not kill. And I GREATLY disagree with the fact that people who hate religion so they don't care to study the bible - while this ay be the case, I think this is a sad mistake. You can have no bearing whatsoever in an argument about a religion you have no idea whatsoever. During my time in the middle east, I'll admit, was the time when I most deeply delved into the different ideas and beliefs within religions (some by man, some based on our solar system). All of these 'religions' are right and they are also all wrong.



Since people have free will and no two people are alike, it really makes me think people are crazy when they will go sit for hours in a room with people that they don't enjoy, or possibly even hate. Religion should at most be carried out within your own family/living unit at most (I personally believe any and all spirtuality should be within out own minds and bodies.)



[/rant]



Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

God says, eh? I could have sworn the bible was written by Man... and tells you all sorts of other things, like how it's Ok to own slaves, and that if you work on the Sabbath you should be put to death. Good thing we don't follow all these rules!



Ahh the good old days, I think we need to get back to the hedonistic times
LetoTheTyrant is offline  
#20 Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Nickle00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyb View Post

(I personally believe any and all spirtuality should be within out own minds and bodies.)



Word!!
Nickle00 is offline  
#21 Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

Thats all fine and good but alot of people on this board arent christian.And some hate religion so they dont care to study the bible when they make remarks about thou shalt not kill(not saying the person who did was) they are being sarcastic to the person who brings up it being in the bible that we can eat meat.





so what you are saying is instead of making a logical discussion and we should just act like a jerk and be sarcastic-



boy glad that gets the view across and makes people really want to become a vegan...



Whether you believe or don't believe in religion- isn't the point - any person should be well versed and knowledgable. If you are going to teach someone why not be able to teach them with knowledge of all kind- rather than puking on them and treating them like crap...



come on- the reason most people eat the crap they do is lack of knowledge and the stupid standard american diet dished out by the government- if people don't know than people can't change- and people don't change when you attack, right?
GhostUser is offline  
#22 Old 05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular
 
troub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyb View Post

I personally believe any and all spirtuality should be within out own minds and bodies.



Oh, I dunno. There is something transcendent about joining with thousands of people along your timezone to sing a song at the same time; and also with millions across the earth that day, and with countless others throughout the last 1500 or so years.



Is there any specific reasons you feel that spirituality should be restricted to only a solitary manner? Just wondering.
troub is offline  
#23 Old 05-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissylynn View Post

so what you are saying is instead of making a logical discussion and we should just act like a jerk and be sarcastic-



boy glad that gets the view across and makes people really want to become a vegan...



Whether you believe or don't believe in religion- isn't the point - any person should be well versed and knowledgable. If you are going to teach someone why not be able to teach them with knowledge of all kind- rather than puking on them and treating them like crap...



come on- the reason most people eat the crap they do is lack of knowledge and the stupid standard american diet dished out by the government- if people don't know than people can't change- and people don't change when you attack, right?





I hate to break the news to you but my being a dick has nothing to do with veganism.I was a dick as an omi also. Oh and I do believe in religion im a southern baptist.My point is to use the argument that we can eat meat becasue the bible says so is a stupid argument and should be treated as such.It also says not to suffer a witch to live.Kill many wiccans lately?why not bible says its your right.It also says we can own slaves. You got any living in shed in your back yard?No? bible says you can I suggest you run right out and get some. Then there is the old eye for an eye. Ever had a pet run over? did you go out and kill the persons pet or if they didnt have one their child for revenge? again bible says you can do it. The bible has been tranlated and re wrote so many times by whatever european king rulling at the time to justifywhatever he wants to do.So to follow it blindly just becasue "if the bible says it then god wills it" is stupid.
guinnesshero is offline  
#24 Old 05-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular
 
LetoTheTyrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

Oh, I dunno. There is something transcendent about joining with thousands of people along your timezone to sing a song at the same time; and also with millions across the earth that day, and with countless others throughout the last 1500 or so years.



Is there any specific reasons you feel that spirituality should be restricted to only a solitary manner? Just wondering.



mainly becuase at this day and age most people don't; have the capability of connecting on a level like they used to, We can connect more easily with family membes, specifically people with live with



Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

I hate to break the news to you but my being a dick has nothing to do with veganism.I was a dick as an omi also. Oh and I do believe in religion im a southern babtist.



+1 I think I wanna use this as my sig
LetoTheTyrant is offline  
#25 Old 05-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyb View Post








+1 I think I wanna use this as my sig





lol I never said I was a good christian just that i am one.And I dont get the +1 thing I may just not be forum savy enough lol
guinnesshero is offline  
#26 Old 05-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Veggie Regular
 
rabid_child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,282
Mod Note: Can we please not debate religion here? Much obliged.



+1 = basically means "what s/he said"

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
rabid_child is offline  
#27 Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular
 
itsveggietime!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 588
Hey, veggies, remember this is new veggieland, and we can much better help each other by support and guidance in HOW to actually be one, instead of creating a war fighting with each other about how to convert the rest of the world. When you're new, you are still working on yourself. Please let's all enjoy the company of being with others who actually understand why we eat like this, and be an uplifting friend to one another
itsveggietime! is offline  
#28 Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Newbie
 
lizziej's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Soy 6 pack,

Thank you. I needed this site immensely. (sp?)

Anyhow, thanks.

lizzie
lizziej is offline  
#29 Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
TigerLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 425
Excerpt from Genesis 1:29:



"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."



This should be our meat , not this



And when God gave "dominion" to mankind over the animals... it was NOT so he could slaughter, destroy and control them - not to dominate them. It was meant as for benevolent guardianship... not obliteration. ( I read that it "Being Vegan" and it really opened my eyes!)
TigerLover is offline  
#30 Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular
 
TigerLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 425
Hey, reading "Being Vegan" by Joanne Stepaniak. It opened my eyes to many things so far and I am not even finished with the book.
TigerLover is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off