My first month - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-10-2008, 11:54 AM

So it's been a month now with no meat/poultry/eggs/fish/etc and I'm loving it.

I thought I'd miss the taste of meat or salivate when I was around it but it really hasn't been hard at all. After watching "Meet your meat" a month ago, I can't even THINK about eating meat without those images in my head.

I think eventually I'll become vegan but I'm going to transition slowly . . . take it one day at a time.

I've already started substituting vegan foods for dairy when I can (soy milk, veggie cheese is surprisingly great, tofutti cream cheese also very good) but it's hard. Even my veggie burgers have cheese or milk in them!

But I figure every little bit helps so I make the substitutions where I can for now and once I'm used to this, and a better Veg cook (right now I suck!), I'll make the transition.

Just wanted to give an update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds like you are doing good!! It does get easier as you gather more and more information and recipes!! We (hubby and I) have not had any cravings for meat at all. Also we find we prefer not to use those meat substitutes other than the crumbles used in recipes and TVP in sloppy joes and spaghetti sauce.

Keep up the good work!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#3 Old 01-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Beginner

Glad to hear your transition is going smoothly! And, I hope it continues to do so. If you have some time to watch internet videos, see what kind of vegan cooking "shows" you can find on google video. The Post Punk Kitchen is a good one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Banned

sounds like a good update ...just do at your own pace
#5 Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Congratulations! And good luck with your eventual transition toward veganism. Every step is a positive one. =)
#6 Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Good going, Kitempleton!!!

I am 8 days shy of my own 2 mo. anniversary and I remember when I hit month one. I felt good. Now I feel great, and it's only going to get better.

I too am considering vegan, but not right now. I am hoping to do the 30-day vegan trial during the summer... It might help with all the lovely fruities and veggies available. I just purchased "Becoming Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adompting a Healthy Plant-based Diet". I'll start reading it as soon as I am done with a book on vegetarianism I am reading.

Oh, try the Vegan burger from Boca...nothing animal in it. I love them.

Congrats!! You're doing great - I'm so glad.
#7 Old 01-11-2008, 06:24 AM

Congrats!

I think I just passed the 2 month mark myself but I haven't been paying attention to the dates much.

Anyway best of luck with staying on track
#8 Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Beginner

2 weeks for me

Im proud of myself, and I feel GREAT!

Im really surprised I haven't had any meat cravings! The only thing Im craving is prawns and lobster, but hopefully that will go away soon enough!
#9 Old 01-16-2008, 12:14 AM

Boca Burgers, makes a WONDERFUL vegan burger ! You should try it, it says on the box Vegan too so you don't buy the wrong one !
#10 Old 01-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I love Morningstar Farms Vegan Veggie burger myself.
#11 Old 01-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Gongrats kitempleton and all of you!!! I love hearing updates like these
#12 Old 01-17-2008, 07:57 AM

whenever I feel like I'm the only vegetarian around, I love to pop in this forum and get encouraged by reading all the friends' postings..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page