possibly a stupid question... [Chicken Noodle Soup Veg?] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-31-2007, 02:18 AM
Veggie Regular

possibly a very stupid question, but packed chicken noodle soup, that seems like its only noodles and broth, does it have actual chicken in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-31-2007, 02:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Usually, yes. The broth is often made from a simmering chicken carcass and there is often bits of the flesh in there too.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#3 Old 12-31-2007, 02:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Eww Well I don't think my body will be missing packaged process chicken soup anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-31-2007, 03:38 AM
Veggie Regular

In my very early days of vegetarianism I started out by just not eating 'meat'...so that meant I would consume chicken broth. I know, sounds ridiculous now, but some of us need to take baby steps in order to achieve our goals. I didn't take me long to realize that if I were going to consume chicken broth that I wasn't a vegetarian. Little by little I gave up any foods that contained animals/by products, including dairy and eggs. There's a lot to process when it comes to eliminating animal ingredients from your diet. If it weren't for Veggieboards I don't think I would have come this far. Read, read, read and educate yourself!
#5 Old 12-31-2007, 12:47 PM

Amy's brand has a canned "chicken" noodle soup that's pretty good
#6 Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Some of the cheaper brands of instant chicken noodle soup are actually vegetarian. Read the ingredients and look out for meat ingredients!
#7 Old 12-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Beginner

you can always take the 'do it yourself' route if chicken noodle soup is something you really like...you can make it with veggie broth instead...or even use simulated chicken broth that you can get at some specialty stores

and there are never stupid questions, it's always better to ask!
#8 Old 12-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I used to love this soup that was called Mistress Grass. It was a chicken broth with noodles and bits of chicken meat. There's no veg*n version of it.

Course I dunno...by now if there was a veg*n one, maybe I'd discover I don't like it anymore.
#9 Old 12-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Chicken noodle soup is the only non-veg food I ever really miss...
#10 Old 01-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by misq17 View Post

Some of the cheaper brands of instant chicken noodle soup are actually vegetarian. Read the ingredients and look out for meat ingredients!

Really? Hmmm. Never thought about it...I mean, I've always assumed something with the word 'chicken' would contain said dead animal carcass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page