School Lunch Terror - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM

My school serves meat with a side of meat and has no vegetarian options except for a salad bar containing lettuce tomatoes and dressing. If they do have vegetables or have to stand in line forever with the meat eaters to get the side item veggies.

I don't have much time in the morning so I need some quick fix vegetarian lunches or I'll be starving all year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-15-2007, 10:51 PM

Lean Cuisine has a vegetable eggrole with fried rice and pasta with tomatoe sauce. Healthy Choice and Progresso both have vegetarian soups. Healthy Choice's Country Vegetable doesn't use animal broth the other vegetable one does. I'm not sure about progresso.

You can make your own soups and take them for lunch. How about a avacado and tomatoe sandwich with your favorite dressing or hummus? I can't think of much more but when I do i'll post. Also www.peta2.com has a selection of food you could buy and take for lunch. Go to 'The Stuff' section then to 'Scrumptious Recipes' then 'that's vegan?'. It gives a decent list of vegan foods.
#3 Old 08-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

You can prepare your lunch the night before if you have little time in the morning. You can make sandwiches. You can put leftovers in small tupperware containers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I try to make a bunch of PBJ sandwiches on Sunday and bring one or two with me to work every day during the week. Sometimes, I end up going out to eat with coworkers or something, so I don't eat the sandwiches I brought, but it's handy to know that I've got them. Bring some cookiees or something and a piece of fruit on the side, and you've got a good lunch.

--Fromper
#5 Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 AM

#6 Old 08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Pack your lunch the night before. That's what I do.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#7 Old 08-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

#8 Old 08-18-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm guessing this is a high school type situation? Or do you have access to a microwave? One thing you can make, regardless, is pizza! Make your own! You can make it cheese free too which is excellent. Make one on a sunday and bring it all week long. I love pitas filled with tomato, spinach, olives, onions, cucumber, pepperoncinis or artichokes. Use an olive oil/balsamic vinegar/lemon juice dressing and it's delicious. You could put that in a whole wheat wrap as well. Fake lunch meat is pricey to some people, but it'll do the job in a pinch. Pasta salad would probably work well, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page