Semi vegetarian - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

O.M.G! Sensitive much?

If you happened to spend time on these boards ANYWHERE besides your own private little thread, you might have noticed that rabid_child is one of the nicest people around these parts!

She was being straightforward, there's nothing wrong with that - it was honest. Too bad YOU can't handle it.

Oh, and evidently it went straight over your head that plenty of people answered your little thread in a much "snarkier" tone.

I wasn't going to say anything, I just laughed... and then chuckled to myself about joining a vegetarian board as an omni and then calling one of the moderators mean (especially when I wasn't being mean). Not a good way to stay off the radar.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey good for you! Reegardless of what you call yourself (I don't have a clue why that seems to matter so much) I hope you have lots of luck doing that. If you just google veg*n recipies you will get a ton of stuff!
#33 Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 PM

The best way to cut down on your meat consumption is to only eat meat a few times a week and see how you like it. Eating 40% of your diet in meat may be cutting back for you but that is still way too much protein in your diet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Girl View Post

Rabid_Child and Diana are correct in that there are no such thing as semi-vegetarians, but congratulations anyway on your desire to eat healthier. I'm certain that you and your family will soon feel the benefits of your dietary changes. I wish you the best of luck on your journey, and I highly recommend that you read the book "Food Revolution" by John Robbins.

#35 Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know how people say there's no such thing as a semi-vegetarian. Of course there is. It's even picking up in popularity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexitarianism
#36 Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally429 View Post

Hey good for you! Reegardless of what you call yourself (I don't have a clue why that seems to matter so much) I hope you have lots of luck doing that. If you just google veg*n recipies you will get a ton of stuff!

I think there's some other threads around here about that but what it boils down to is that 'flexitarians' and 'semi-vegetarians' (and vegetarians to some degree) corrupt the meaning of the word and make it difficult for those of us who actually are veg*an. Many of us are still fighting the impression that veg*anism is a 'flexible' diet where trace ingredients are okay and asking someone to pick out the meat in a dish is acceptable.

I'm not trying to be anything but realistic, I wish I could apply 'semi' to myself with the same effect as some do to diet. I am a semi-millionaire who semi-lives in a villa on the Mediterranean. Someone who cuts down on meat might be considered a semi-carnivore, but not a vegetarian.
#37 Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

I don't know how people say there's no such thing as a semi-vegetarian.

They would also say there's no such thing as a fish-eating vegetarian, despite the fact that using such a concept is fairly popular.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#38 Old 07-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Vegan Police Officer

I am a semi-non-smoker, because I only smoke about four or five cigarettes a day, as compared to the pack-a-day smokers.
#39 Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Someone really needs to get that wiki fixed.
#40 Old 07-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

This isn't semiveggieboards. I'm just saying. Semiwelcome anyway.
#41 Old 07-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Best.Post.Ever. That just made my day.
#42 Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

#43 Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned

Well 60 /40 is a good start you can understand the "new " recipes and maybe a few untried ingredients you seem well read so you will get to understand the protein carbohydrate intake .

See there have been good ideas books etc and there is also our recipe section . Who knows in time you might go 81/19 ...wish you well
#44 Old 07-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What a *great* way of blowing a potential veg*n out of the water. Well done, you!

#45 Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

What a *great* way of blowing a potential veg*n out of the water. Well done, you!

I am a potential first round draft pick of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Who's gonna blow me out of the water by pointing out that I am too old, too slow, too fat, too short, and who will rush to my defense because I still have the potential to be in the NBA draft because I have not yet declared my eligibility.

What's the TOS say about semis?
#46 Old 07-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

Yeah. Yay me, etc.

PS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodanceparty View Post

I don't want to cut out meat completely

#47 Old 07-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

JC's narkiness level was on the right side of the scale, but he was also truthful.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#48 Old 07-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Jeezy is known for his narky offensive side.

But yes, at least now the OP won't change his mind and consider vegetarianism, I'm sure we've made certain of that by giving him such an unwarm semiwelcome.
#49 Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Why am I reading this thread?
#50 Old 07-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

It's like a car crash :P Tragic, you don't want to look, but you're curious.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#51 Old 07-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Because you saw me posting in it, and you wanted to read whatever I said to feel a combination of enlightenment, awe, horror, sadness and mystery. To feel like you were being born anew, like you were touched from the skies, like summer rain made somersaults on your face, like you were bathing in the rays of the morning sun, looking at the large field in front of you, smelling the fresh air of new spring, feeling that the whole world is open to you.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#52 Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Because you saw me posting in it, and you wanted to read whatever I said to feel a combination of enlightenment, awe, horror, sadness and mystery. To feel like you were being born anew, like you were touched from the skies, like summer rain made somersaults on your face, like you were bathing in the rays of the morning sun, looking at the large field in front of you, smelling the fresh air of new spring, feeling that the whole world is open to you.

I have to admit i look for your posts becasue i never know if they are going to be lucid and insightful or completely off the wall like you have been in the hemp garden
#53 Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You know.... if I were to describe the perfect vacation, that would be it. A full mind erasure would be in order too.
#54 Old 07-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

like you have been in the hemp garden

No it's just a side personality I have that came to be after I accidentally took hair-growing medicine up my nose and hair started growing not on my head but in the inside of my brain.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#55 Old 07-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Sevenseas for president
#56 Old 07-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

^^^sadly, for me, it's all true.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#57 Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 AM

People on this board can be really touchy when it comes to how you define yourself.

"I want to eat less meat" would have been a better way to phrase it.

Eating vegetarian is so easy, honest. I would advise having only some meat days if you find it hard start with roughly even amount of days of being vegetarian and non-vegetarian and then if you want to slowly move it towards vegetarian.

From my experince, if you give up meat for a week, you'll miss it, give itu p a month and you'll stay vegetarian!
#58 Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 AM

You're not a "semi vegetarian"

60% veg, 40% meat = you're just following the avarega American diet. The fact that you might eat a few vegatables doesn't make you a vegetarian any more than that I eat 5% raw veg makes me a raw vegan, etc.

Ps: I don't care what you eat. Your choice. But don't kid yourself that yo're a veggie.
#59 Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Lachry: That ground has been covered already.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page