I'm Back? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, guys! It has surely been a while, and I can not even say that it has been a good while.

Anyway, needless to say I have had my time away, and my cranium has had time to do some crunching upon my inner self. Some of you may know a little bit about me and who I am, and others may not. Some may even know that a while back I was having a dilima within myself about whether or not I was going to stay Vegan. After some thought (as well as some trial-and-error, if you may), I believe that I am returning to the greener side of life. I just do not feel right eating any being at all - including fish.

For about two months now, I have been what some refer to as the dreaded "flexitarian". I have eaten fish, eggs, and consumed even dairy. Luckily, I was never able to bring myself to eat any meat from a land animal, even though fish is just as terrible.

To explain the current situation a little bit: I do have eggs and shrimp in the lil' old food-box of mine. Do you suggest that I finish those off before I make the switch back FOR GOOD... ? I only ask because to have them go to waste would not be the best way to handle the situation, I don't believe. My mother will eat the eggs, but not before they go bad, and she absolutely dreads shrimp.

So what are your suggestions?

I went to pescitarian, and my conscience simply could not take it. I found myself constantly refusing fish with the excuse that I was "not hungry". Simply put: I only went pesc to satisfy the stupid and ignorant people who said that Vegan was unhealthy. (On a side note: Does anyone know of a good vegan-safe multivitamin that will not cost this poor-man all of his money? .... Good lord, my lazy-ass needs a job!)

Thanks a million, everyone. It feels great - mentally and physically - to be heading towards the right track.... AGAIN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-25-2007, 04:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I can't speak for anyone else, although I would think most would say don't eat the eggs/shrimp...give them away if you don't want them to go to waste. But it's entirely your call. If you are comfortable with finishing them off and making your starting point back to vegan from there, then by all means do it. When I went vegan I did not use up what was in the fridge...I gave most of it away and some went in the trash. Either way, welcome back and good luck on transitioning back to the right track!
#3 Old 02-25-2007, 07:04 AM

Congrats! I know what it's like to go back to your old ways, then realized that it's a mistake, I did that for over 2 years before I finally stopped eating meat.

I personally wouldn't want to eat the things you still have. I would give them to someone who would eat them, a friend / family, or you could donate them to a church who has a free pantry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Welcome back.
#5 Old 02-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I remember you. Good luck with your transition back to veganism.

Re shrimp and eggs, I guess it depends whether yuo can stomach eating them or not, or if you casn give them away to someone who would eat them. I think giving them away would be the best choice, but eating them yourself would be better than throwing them out, if you can face it.
#6 Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 PM

Here's another welcome back.
#7 Old 02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks, Everyone! It is nice to have a strong and supportive community to go to.
#8 Old 02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Also, no one has given me sugestions on a good vegan mutivitamin, preferably with B12 and Iron. I do not mean to nag, but I really require this. I do not buy fortified soymilk, and while I am looking into getting some Redstar Nutritional Yeast, I have yet to do so.

Thanks a mill!

~Austin~
#9 Old 02-26-2007, 06:59 PM

I'd say finish off the eggs and shrimp, unless you cannot physically get 'em down. Don't waste them. If you can give them to a neighbor or ask your mom to eat them.

Congrats on comin' back!
#10 Old 02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussyj View Post

Also, no one has given me sugestions on a good vegan mutivitamin, preferably with B12 and Iron. I do not mean to nag, but I really require this. I do not buy fortified soymilk, and while I am looking into getting some Redstar Nutritional Yeast, I have yet to do so.

Thanks a mill!

~Austin~

Sisu Vegi-mins- http://www.canadianvitaminshop.com/c...duct/View/5620

One Daily Multivitamin & Mineral By Deva -

http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/Mer...roduct_Count=3

Ultra Freeda - http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/Mer...roduct_Count=0

https://secure13.nexternal.com/share...t=products.asp

https://secure13.nexternal.com/share...t=products.asp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page