Does rice milk taste any better than soy milk? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Beginner

I love rice milk, it tastes like vanilla to me?!

I don't drink cow milk at all. I don't really like plain soy milk, but I love chocolate, strawberry, banana and vanilla soy milk, it so beautiful!!!

"I don't want to tamper with natural ignorance. It's the key to happiness.
Ignorance is the key. Too much knowledge and you're doomed."

"The Animals of the planet are in desperate peril. Without free animal life I believe we will lose the spiritual equivalent of oxygen. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 01-25-2007, 11:14 AM

I actually just came across the fit and active vanilla soy milk at aldis. I think its excellent!
#63 Old 01-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I never liked cow milk, except in cereal. So in looking at various foods upon becoming vegetarian, I decided to try other milk alternatives. I've tried four types of soy milk so far, and they've all been completely different. As others have said, you might just want to try a variety of types, of soy, rice, and almond milk.

Trying soy milks, Silk chocolate is a little too sweet for me. Publix (Floridian supermarket chain) has good vanilla, but their plain is vanilla flavored, too, which struck me as odd and too strong for cereal. My favorite for cereal is Silk plain. All in all, though, I've liked all of these more than I ever liked plain cow milk.

Unfortunately, Publix doesn't seem to have rice or almond milk, and that's where I do most of my grocery shopping. I'll have to look for those to try next time I go to Whole Foods, which is about half an hour drive for me.

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm allergic to dairy so that's never really been an option. I drink soymilk and I actually enjoy the taste very much. The vanilla kind is my favorite but I do drink the regular kind more often. Rice milk on the other hand is gross. I can't stand it. it's like dirty water.
#65 Old 07-01-2019, 05:40 AM

I love soy milk and almond milk. I have never tried rice milk.
#66 Old 07-30-2019, 09:17 PM
cienarose returns

I like cashew milk much better as an alternative to soy milk on my cereal. I find rice milk to be thinner (more watery) and sweeter than soy milk. I also find that the protein content and texture of soy milk is better for baking than rice milk or almond milk. It all depends on what you like and what you intend to use it for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page