Watch the Meet Your Meat Video (graphic) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#1 Old 10-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Meet Your Meat

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

this video is what really got me into vegetarianism in the first place.

sick.
#3 Old 10-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Beginner

Ive never seen this. I just watched the entire thing, crying hysterically. I'm totally in shock about being so blind to how animals are treated.
CindyGreenz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

This is why I became a vegan/vegetarian.
CindyGreenz likes this.
#5 Old 10-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

oh man, just thinking about this video tears me up. I haven't seen it since I turned veg which was like 6.5 years ago, but it still kills me.
CindyGreenz likes this.
#6 Old 10-11-2006, 04:45 PM

That video's terrible. I couldn't even watch it all.
#7 Old 10-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Veggie Regular

*bump

and adding http://www.wegmanscruelty.com/ see the link to the video about battery caging on the left. There are over 700,000 hens at this typical factory farm - the activists found hens dead and dying in the manure pits; dead and dying of thirst and dehydration with their heads stuck in the bars of cages; up to 9 hens crammed in one cage; hens with severe infections (they never receive vet care on a factory farm); the living forced to live on the rotting bodies of the dead and dying...

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#8 Old 10-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Beginner

After begging my bf to go vegetarian with me for 5 years, I asked him for "help" setting up that video so I could watch it. He was excited and thought we were watching a normal movie... and was munching his popcorn :P. After the movie, he said he was never eating animal flesh again. We've been vegetarian for 1.5 years now and I'm very happy
#9 Old 10-20-2006, 10:02 PM

Oh my.................not sure how I will be able to sleep tonight. How very sad for these poor, poor creatures.
#10 Old 11-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I saw this years ago and its why i first became a vegetarian. did it overnight.
#11 Old 11-01-2006, 02:26 PM

Oh my god I didn't get past 19 seconds. I have goosebumps, feel sick, about to cry. This should be compulsory viewing for every person on the planet.

God help them.
#12 Old 11-06-2006, 08:05 AM

This video never ceases to bring me to tears everytime I watch it.
#13 Old 11-18-2006, 07:37 PM

Well. I managed not to cry. I just started screaming part way through it though. That is NOT pleasant. And of course it's even LESS pleasant to the animals. That is just...awful. Bleh. I don't know how I'm going to live without dairy though...

I never knew how they did it. I knew it was bad but I never knew about all the torture before hand. Wow...
#14 Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 PM

That's horrible. I've seen similar videos and every one of them makes me sick. I had my husband watch this one with me and it didn't change his opinion on eating meat at all He says as long as he's not the one actually doing it he doesn't care. OMG. Well, I found it gross anyway and it's part if why i'm against eating meat.
#15 Old 11-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Personally, after seeing both, I feel Earthlings is a bit more tastfully done. They both show the same things... and Earthlings goes into more detail (leather, animals for amusement, and beyond).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0&q=earthlings

(don't mind the spanish subtitles, it's the only free version left, online. You can buy the video at... http://www.petacatalog.org/prodinfo.asp?number=VP546 )
#16 Old 11-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, wow! Didn't realize that Earthlings was an hour and a half long! That might've taken a while to watch...Yeah, meet your meat is great, just for the horrible things it shows. Made me go vegan, and quite a few people I know go vegetarian.
#17 Old 11-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG! I tried watching Earthlings, but I had to stop when they put the dog in the garbage truck and presumably crushing it. (I couldn't finish that part.)

I am assuming it gets MUCH worse. I know things like this happen everyday to millions of animals, but I just don't want to see or hear about it.
#18 Old 11-22-2006, 03:38 PM

I don't know how anyone could watch those videos and think "So what, that's what they're here for." Sickening thought...though my grandparents and all of my other relatives would probably think that. *sigh*
#19 Old 11-22-2006, 05:56 PM

I watched the meet your meat but could not watch earthlings... this, to me, brought in domestic animals like dogs and cats, which strikes very close to home, having a kitten myself. I was so shocked when I saw the first one, and shocked also when I saw at least the parts I did watch in earthlings. Especially when they just killed the little kittens and threw them in the trash can, for no reason. Further, there is no reason at all why animals should be made to endure any pain or suffering... I can't believe I have been so blind. I'm home alone, waiting for my boyfriend to get here, and crying my eyes out. I've explored being vegetarian for about an hour now, and I'm changed forever. I used to wonder what the big deal was, and now I can't believe I didn't take the time to look into it before. To think that, at least up until this moment, I have fed my body with the suffering and abuse of these poor animals sickens me so much I can barely walk. I'm sorry this is so long guys, I'm just stunned. But at the same time, so thankful that I now see the light. Thank you so much for posting this.
#20 Old 11-25-2006, 01:02 AM

The video was so horrific I could never watch it again. I've been a vegetarian for almost a year, but now know I must give up dairy and eggs as well. This video was what changed my mind forever. Unless I can keep happy hens and a happy milk cow in my back yard (which I can't), then I have no right eating dairy not knowing how or to what degree the chickens or cows suffered to give me this product!
#21 Old 12-02-2006, 09:39 PM

Wow, I haven't seen that video before. I tried going vegetarian a few years ago but it was too difficult with my mom. After seeing that, I'm going to do it again. How do those people who work for the factories live with themselves? Don't they hear the animals crying out in pain. Obviously the animals feel everything.
#22 Old 12-07-2006, 07:42 AM

It's horrifying! Watching videos like this affect me on a very deep emotional level. I only wish every meat eater was required to watch such a video before choosing to eat a carnivorous meal. We'd have alot more vegetarians around!

Kristie
#23 Old 12-20-2006, 12:34 AM

I am definetly going vegeterian now...maybe vegan too but one thing at a time. I'll show this to my mother. Maybe then she'll understand why I want to be a vegetarian.
#24 Old 12-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Beginner

I don't think I could handle it now. Maybe in a few years.
#25 Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Beginner

Oh my God, thankyou so much for posting this video. I've been veggie for 3 years now and I've never seen it.

I knew animals suffered in slaughter houses but this is horrible. They are treated like scum when they are giving their lives for us to have a steak or chicken burger. It's just so wrong.

When I am wondering if it's all worth it, when people are teasing me, when I find things too much to bear, I will remember this video.

I am seriously considering going vegan too now - I did not realise that dairy cows are often slaughtered too!

#26 Old 12-21-2006, 08:53 AM

That's really frightening! I'm a new to vegetarianism and its a struggle to change old habits, but that video really drove things home. Thanks for sharing.
#27 Old 12-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeopening View Post

It's horrifying! Watching videos like this affect me on a very deep emotional level. I only wish every meat eater was required to watch such a video before choosing to eat a carnivorous meal. We'd have alot more vegetarians around!

Kristie

Yeah, but the sad thing is most of us humans have a short attention span (when it comes to being emotionally affected by something such as the video, a tragic event in society, etc.) and are veggie illiterate when comes to preparing nutritous AND delicious vegetarian meals, which is probably a lot of the reason that some have a problem with adopting a vegetarian lifestyle. Old habits die hard...but I AM one of the determined ones, I just need a little education on the matter
#28 Old 12-21-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4all View Post

I don't think I could handle it now. Maybe in a few years.

...meaning??
#29 Old 01-10-2007, 12:27 AM

This is the video that changed my life and made the choice to become vegetarian an easy one. I am shocked and sick to my stomach about all that happens and how I "supported" it for so long. I think it's good that it's out there for people to watch and I try to encourage my friends to watch it.
#30 Old 01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

daayumm that definitly ruined my friday night. I just cried through that whole thing. Normally I'd call my mom, but somehow I sense that she'll think I'm being dumb, since shes convinced I cant possibly be eating healthy right now, and really would prefer I dropped this whole veg*n thing. A lot of people just think I have an eating disorder now -even though theres no way i lost enough weight to even show. I have a feeling my work friends won't be any more understanding.

Tags
meat-alternatives , Vegetarian-Recipes , Vegan-Recipes , Vegan-Lifestyle , Vegetarian-Lifestyle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page