Watch the Meet Your Meat Video (graphic) - Page 22 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#631 Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

Meet Your Meat
Well that video is removed already from the youtube . But i love vegetarian and there is many reasons that i like to eat veg. so be happy and eat healthy vegetarian keep talking about veg.broccoli.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.bharatbook.com/countryReports.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstaylor View Post

Well that video is removed already from the youtube . But i love vegetarian and there is many reasons that i like to eat veg. so be happy and eat healthy vegetarian keep talking about veg.broccoli.gif

This thread is from 2006 so that link was super old, but I edited it to add a working version.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#633 Old 03-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe it is me, but i cant BELIEVE anyone can make it through this or any like it...I got to the part where he is talking about the chickens..i saw that one that was laying down, and his head was too heavy and he was lolling to the side..and i lost it...i clicked it off...and wept...im still teary from it..  It actually physically hurts me to see animals in pain.  I....I am at a loss for words..Im just overly sensitive i think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#634 Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veganic One View Post

Maybe it is me, but i cant BELIEVE anyone can make it through this or any like it...I got to the part where he is talking about the chickens..i saw that one that was laying down, and his head was too heavy and he was lolling to the side..and i lost it...i clicked it off...and wept...im still teary from it..  It actually physically hurts me to see animals in pain.  I....I am at a loss for words..Im just overly sensitive i think.

I'm the same way and have been vegan for years. I am teary thinking about it, and it was years ago I saw this film.
#635 Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM

I watched this video right after finishing Eating Animals. I was already convinced of going vegan, but that drove the nail right through.

I cried, oh so much. Tried to have hubby watch it, too. He won't, and will keep eating meat... not at home, though.

This video should be mandatory in school.
4everaspirit likes this.

Isabelle, aka La Grenouille
My blog (in French): L’herbivore — http://lherbivore.ca
#636 Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

He won't, and will keep eating meat... not at home, though.

This video should be mandatory in school.

I tell people that if they can't even watch what happens in these industries, it's a wonder why they would even support them. Anyone who chooses to eat meat should be required to know the whole story behind it.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#637 Old 03-24-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I tell people that if they can't even watch what happens in these industries, it's a wonder why they would even support them.

Don't I agree!

“You can't force me to watch this,” he says. “And I don't want to watch it. It's my right.”
“Why won't you, if you say you'll keep eating meat anyway?” I ask.
“Because I just don't want to see it.”
“But why?”
“Because, OK?”

And I dropped it. He respects my choice. I don't agree with his, but I will not start a crusade at home. However, no animal product is entering my house anymore. I'm glad I've always done the cooking!

#638 Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post

Don't I agree!

“You can't force me to watch this,” he says. “And I don't want to watch it. It's my right.”
“Why won't you, if you say you'll keep eating meat anyway?” I ask.
“Because I just don't want to see it.”
“But why?”
“Because, OK?”

And I dropped it. He respects my choice. I don't agree with his, but I will not start a crusade at home. However, no animal product is entering my house anymore. I'm glad I've always done the cooking!

I just hate to leave people on something they are not right on. He says it's his "right" to eat meat...basically it's his "personal choice?" right? I see a lot of vegan memes and such going around saying "If you think eating meat is a personal choice....you are forgetting someone." and a picture of an animal underneath.

It makes me so frustrated that it's due to people's unwillingness to change, an unwillingness to face the truth that the animals have to suffer. People don't realize that any amount of discomfort they get by watching the animals in pain is nothing compared to what the animals really go through.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#639 Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 PM

I am betting on time.

#640 Old 04-13-2013, 07:45 AM

There is absolutely no way I will watch. I can just imagine a million of my worst nightmares come reality and I can guess how awful it is.
#641 Old 04-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magen View Post

There is absolutely no way I will watch. I can just imagine a million of my worst nightmares come reality and I can guess how awful it is.

As long as you take responsibility for the harm our diets can cause and choose not to consume animals then I don't think you need to watch it.

It's the people who refuse to see or think about where their food comes from but keep eating it that I have a problem with.
birdiesbuddy likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#642 Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 PM

Well I'm glad I have your approval lol, I'm living a plant based lifestyle wink3.gif I agree this what you're saying though.
#643 Old 10-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Me too. I realized I couldn't bury my head any longer. I always felt guilty. This last week I chose vegetarianism. It's hard and very hard with co-workers. Something funny I noticed. My change was brought up to me and a co worker said about my food, "that's disgusting!" She would go nuts if I ever was to say that about her lunch! And I'm not preaching, just explaining when asked and people get very worked up and hostile.
#644 Old 10-22-2013, 04:05 PM

That is exactly my struggle about the milk and eggs! They re horrendous too!
#645 Old 10-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

This video makes me angry to tears .... :'(
#646 Old 10-24-2013, 05:42 PM

Just reading this thread is heartbreaking.

It's not just factory farms for meat it's also rhinos for their horns. People killing lions and tigers (sometimes still in cages) just for the sake of saying I killed the big one.  Sick!

#647 Old 03-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Horrible! #In definitely never going back to eating meat. Just horrible
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#648 Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 AM

Definitely graphic ugh...this is what happens when killing becomes your job day in and out.

#649 Old 03-28-2014, 12:12 PM

I can't even get through the video. :( 

I'm a very new lakto-ovo vegetarian and I couldn't be happier with my choice. 

#650 Old 03-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opolitlo View Post

I can't even get through the video. sad.gif 

I'm a very new lakto-ovo vegetarian and I couldn't be happier with my choice. 

It is really hard to get through, this video was what made me go vegetarian originally and it's still hard. sad.gif

#651 Old 03-28-2014, 01:28 PM

I tried to watch a bit of Earthlings now but couldn't either. It was awful. 

#652 Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

God...Earthlings messed me up. I cried so hard with the dog/garbage scene...I just...I've always adopted adult animals from shelters for this reason...but gods above...

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#653 Old 03-29-2014, 04:15 PM

seriously....there must be another way!!!

We are all an extension of the one divine source....can we be kind to each other?
#654 Old 03-30-2014, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post

God...Earthlings messed me up. I cried so hard with the dog/garbage scene...I just...I've always adopted adult animals from shelters for this reason...but gods above...

Earthlings made me cry for days, it's so horrible but it did have a lasting impact on me. sad.gif

#655 Old 03-30-2014, 09:29 AM

If we are to set the stage for the future we have to be compassionate even towards the ignorant. while we might be impressed upon by images that crowd our minds with hatred we have to come to a loving place that we might be able to tolerate the ignorant long enough to change their minds through love.

Wendaline likes this.

We are all an extension of the one divine source....can we be kind to each other?
#656 Old 03-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Earthlings made me cry for days, it's so horrible but it did have a lasting impact on me. sad.gif

I never could finish this movie. The dehorning was more than I could handle.

#657 Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 AM

This is so sickening. These people should be arrested and given a taste of their own medicine to see if they like being tortured. So glad I am transitioning to Vegetarianism for good! Also I am so glad I am dairy intolerant, and even if I wasn't I wouldn't drink the milk of a tortured animal. That is just cruel and unnecessary punishment to innocent animals.

Tags
meat-alternatives , Vegetarian-Recipes , Vegan-Recipes , Vegan-Lifestyle , Vegetarian-Lifestyle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page