Summer Vacation - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I know, it's only the beginning of January, but today I started to think about my family's summer vacation and am beginning to worry about traveling as a vegetarian. In the summer we are planning on going on a cross country trip and I'm not sure how I'll be able to eat a meatless diet. My family is the type who goes to lots of fast food restaurants while on vacation. I don't want to wreck our plans in anyway, or disrespect my parent's food decisions. Do you have any food ideas for me such as high protein foods that can fit in a purse? I'm thining of keeping fruit, nuts, and my vitamins inside my purse. I'm sorry it's so soon by the way, but I'd like to know what I'm doing foodwise before the trip gets close! Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-02-2006, 10:50 PM

Well, Im new to all this but i would suggest granola bars. there small and fit easily into a purse. Dont forget, all restuarants have salad bars and baked potatoes, veggies and stuff like that. Also, since its a cross country trip im sure you might find some veggie restuarants while your traveling. Ask your parents what cities you think youll all be traveling, that way you can do online research and find the town and see what restuarants they have. Hope this helps!
#3 Old 01-03-2006, 11:32 AM

If your parents are insistent on fast food, and you're not 100% vegan (if you still eat milk and egg products), you may want to try asking them to go to Burger King... Burger King has a delicious Veggie Patty (you may want to ask them to microwave it, as they sometimes cook it on the same surface as meat products) and their french fries do not contain any animal products (like all of the other fast food restaurants)... For breakfast, their biscuits and hash browns are also animal free. Just avoid the cheeses b/c they do contain enzymes from animals... Good luck on your vacation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I don'r know if you've seen it, but I do believe there is a thread around here somewhere about veg*n fast food items.

Maybe you could measure out serving sizes of trail mix or buy some protein bars for your purse. Almonds are super healthy and pretty high in protin. They could easily fit in little baggies for your purse. Maybe you could take a grocery bag full of veggies like apples with you in the car?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page