Fruitarian&Vegan B12 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Beginner

Hi, I was just wondering where do fruitarians get

b12(hydroxylcobalamin) from? I have read on other sites that fruitarian b12 is more

efficient than omnivorous b12, but the site owners have failed to specify where

to get hydroxylcobalamin. So what fruit/nut/grain? (Because I really do

not want to pay $69.99 for a bottle of this.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

You won't find B12 in any useable form in any fruit, nut or grain. It's found in animal products or grown in bacteria.

I've never seen B12 supplements cost that much though.
#3 Old 09-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Beginner

Oh, okay.

Is there a possibility that some bacteria on unwashed organic fruit contains b12?

(and when I was looking up b12 there where all of those fitness sites selling b12 at high prices)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep, there's a small possibility that some bacteria on unwashed fruit contains B12 if they were grown in animal manure, but not enough to meet anyone's needs by any stretch of the imagination.

You can find vegan B12 at many health food stores for reasonable prices, and places like Whole Foods, and heck even Wal-Mart. Make sure it's 1000mcg and preferably sublingal (melts under your tongue). I've had my current bottle for so long though that I don't remember how much I paid, but definetely not more than $20 for six months worth.
#5 Old 09-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Veggie Regular

FWIW I use GNC's Big 150, a B-Complex supplement. 13.99 for 100 tablets, and they offer Big 100 and 50 with less of each B vitamin.
#6 Old 09-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by missfruity View Post

Oh, okay.

Is there a possibility that some bacteria on unwashed organic fruit contains b12?

(and when I was looking up b12 there where all of those fitness sites selling b12 at high prices)

There might be, but I wouldn't rely on it. It would vary so much from fruit to fruit and not washing it could get you sick.

You're better off with a supplement. You can find reasonably priced ($69.99---yikes!!!) vegetarian B-12 supplements in any health food store or vitamin store.
#7 Old 09-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Beginner

ok, thank you.

Oh, and also I've read in a Discovery magazine that there are good bacterias in your saliva, could that mean that there could be a whole b12 production system right in your mouth? (that would be pretty cool yet kind of gross)
#8 Old 09-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned

hey missfruity,

Hope this isn't a dumb question. What is a fruitarian? I have researched vegetarian, but I haven't researched fruitarian. What is it? What do fruitiarians eat? and how is it different from vegetarian? I'm not asking to cause trouble. I really want to know what it is. Please reply. Thanks. God bless.

Monika
#9 Old 09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by missfruity View Post

ok, thank you.

Oh, and also I've read in a Discovery magazine that there are good bacterias in your saliva, could that mean that there could be a whole b12 production system right in your mouth? (that would be pretty cool yet kind of gross)

Yes, but not in your mouth... In your colon. So unfortunately you poop out all the B12 that your bodies bacteria produces.
#10 Old 09-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Beginner

eww! lol

and a fruitarian is one who eats mainly fruit and raw foods, and an ideal one is non violent and spiritual. I think I've read some where that leanardo divinci was a fruitarian.
#11 Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Banned

Oh ok. Cool.

Oh girl I thought you were gonna say Leonardo Dicaprio. I was about to say WHAT.

He fine ok .

Monika

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page