things are so much better now thx - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-23-2005, 09:45 AM

you all have been so much help to me becoming vegan.once i REALLY make up my mind to do something I do it.And I have gotten a good start here.If I'm not 100% sure its vegan I don't eat or use it.I can't even look at the chocolate my partner is eatting it makes me sick to my stomach.

Somewhere somehow suddenly my stomach turns at the thought of animal products or by products.This morning I was frying toast for myself and partner for breackfast I fried my first because it was with vegan butter and then I fried her's because I couldn't stand the thought of her butter getting anywhere near my bread.

Now I didn't learn how to make my stomach turn thats impossible. It has just started doing it when.as I said above.

Has anyone ealse gone throught this part of becoming vegan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty new to eating vegan etc. but yeah, I kind of have that...like my stomache feeling kind of queasy when I think about going back to milk/eggs etc. Or when my someone uses butter to bake something.

The only thing I have yet to master is: checking every lable for animal byproducts.

I always forget to check the lable for stuff like bread, where one would think it's obvious they don't contain any animal products. Like today I bought some rye bread..and as I was happily munching away I happened to check the ingredients (little habit that I've had every since I could read) and it said something like 'milkpowder' >_<

So now I have this little packet of rye bread on the kitchen counter...and I'm not sure if I should finish it or not.
#3 Old 07-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Finish it, ingenting, and make mental note never to buy that brand again.

And remember, the icky stuff is everywhere - even in things you don't think it would be in (my man jokes that I'll even read the ingredients on a water bottle but hey, better safe than slipped. ).

To the OP, I've had that happen, too. Stuff that I loved to smell when I was omni I can't stand smelling now. Maybe it's cause my sinuses aren't bogged down by meat and milk stuff. And I know it's cause I know where some "foods" came from (which is pretty off-putting right there.... ). One thing for sure - it's even more incentive to fill the house with yummy smelling vegan food.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Since I have been vegetarian all my life, I have always felt this way about certain "meat" items... however, since going vegan it seems there's many things that "bother" me even more...
#5 Old 08-01-2005, 09:14 PM

I'm really new to veganism

but I'm not disgusted by animal products at all. Yet I'm not tempted to eat any.

My mother makes me put away the groceries and I get a gross feeling in my stomach when I have to touch the packaged meat but thats about all :P
#6 Old 08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Beginner

I feel the same way since going veggie i cannot st and the smell of meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page