before going veggie - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Before December 2004 I bought lots of meat. I was eating lots of meat like meat almost every day. Pepperoni/beef jerky/meat sandwiches/pork rinds for lunch. Sausage/bacon breakfast. Turkey/hot dogs/meat on pizza for supper. This was mainly since I moved out of my parents house around June 2004. I started to read about how animals got treated. I didn't realize/ remember how bad it was. Also now I realize how unhealthy my diet was but before I didn't feel as bad about my diet. I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation where they feel bad for buying meat that they can't take back because it is already eaten?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I fit in that category. I wish I had gone veg*n much earlier.
#3 Old 07-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Beginner

I would think there would be a lot of people that felt this same way. I know I do. But you can't really do anything about what you did in the past. Just be happy that you don't anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Banned

I try not to look back. You can't change the past, just live your life as well as you can in the present, and future. :-)
#5 Old 07-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I can sympathize, - I think many people feel this way at times...

(This thread just begs for the quote from 'Lion King'......

"You gotta put your behind in your past, then you gotta put your past behind you.")

#6 Old 07-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I am in awe of those who go veg*an in their teens. I had thought of going veg on and off since my late twenties, but didn't fully commit to a veg diet until I was 38. Whenever I read posts from the teens here on VB, I'm impressed by their passion, compassion and commitment, and I wish *I* had gone veg in my adolescence, as well.

HERE'S TO YOU, VEG*AN TEENS!

*this space not for sale*
#7 Old 07-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Beginner

The day before i became vegitarian, I was in germany at a october fest. I spent 200 euro suckin down sausages. Now i know what happens.
#8 Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Me too I felt aweful. I had to throw out all that meat. I wish I had of gone veggie earlier.
#9 Old 07-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Every 7 years your cells are entirely replaced. (or so I've heard) After 7 years of veg you will no longer have any trace of meat in the cells of your body. I try to look forward to that.
#10 Old 07-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I could have became a vegetarian sooner like when I moved out of my parents house. But I didn't at that time I was eating a diet of mostly meat and vegetables. I was probably eating at least 5 servings of meat if not more on some days. I think it was great on December 10, 2004 when I decided to stop eating meat. My diet started being more carbohydrates less vegetables and then mostly carbohydrates and junkfood.
#11 Old 07-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel that the human race is destined to say "If I knew then what I know now..."
#12 Old 07-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I am in awe of those who go veg*an in their teens. I had thought of going veg on and off since my late twenties, but didn't fully commit to a veg diet until I was 38. Whenever I read posts from the teens here on VB, I'm impressed by their passion, compassion and commitment, and I wish *I* had gone veg in my adolescence, as well.

HERE'S TO YOU, VEG*AN TEENS!

As someone who went veg*n as a teenager myself, I'd just like to second Amy's comments here. I wish VB had been around when I was a teen!

Cheers, VB teens. Keep on!
#13 Old 07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotCake View Post

. I was probably eating at least 5 servings of meat if not more on some days.

*faints* It must be really hard for you, your entire diet must have changed! I'm very proud of you!
#14 Old 07-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Veggie Regular

thanks. I mostly changed my diet to grains and sugars. I would like to change it more to fake meats, nuts, vegetables, peanut butter as I am trying to satisfy my cravings and eat healthier so I was googling health stuff now.
#15 Old 07-23-2005, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotCake View Post

Before December 2004 I bought lots of meat. I was eating lots of meat like meat almost every day. Pepperoni/beef jerky/meat sandwiches/pork rinds for lunch. Sausage/bacon breakfast. Turkey/hot dogs/meat on pizza for supper. This was mainly since I moved out of my parents house around June 2004. I started to read about how animals got treated. I didn't realize/ remember how bad it was. Also now I realize how unhealthy my diet was but before I didn't feel as bad about my diet. I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation where they feel bad for buying meat that they can't take back because it is already eaten?

I can also feel bad about the past and the way I ate.......but...I'm working so hard on being vegan now that I'm proud of myself(as I'm sure all my animal friends are also)for really sticking to this and researching everything before I buy it or eat it.

You can't take back what you have already done but if you could I guess the only way would be to do everything you can to never do it again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page