Diet/ foods advice for sudden aversion to meat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-02-2020, 03:18 PM

Diet/ foods advice for sudden aversion to meat

Hello all,
[Just to be conscientious - I am mentioning meat in the post below and of that is troubling you might want to bypass this. I do not mean to be gross I'm just new and struggling]

I'm hoping for food and recipe advice that is accessible to a new vegetarian that can only have limited eggs or dairy! ( I can cook but am a bit lost.)

Explanation:
I have been recently working on improving my diet (and in part reducing meat consumption and bosting veg) for about 2 weeks. However, I was cooking a chicken to prep for the week and for my family when I started getting REALLY grossed out. I managed to get it in the oven and then had to leave feeling nauseous. I thought it was just because it was raw/whole and it would pass. It has not and its 6 days later and I kind of am realizing how much my diet was meat or meat adjacent. I made falafel and salad but a girl can only take so much spinach! Any insight, advice, recipes, ect would be GREATLY appreciated as a diet overhaul whilst in ED recovery during a pandemic is stressing me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-02-2020, 03:41 PM

I am sorry, I don't know why there are 2 of this post. It was not intentional!
#3 Old 05-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Give peas a chance

I would start with the recipe bloggers. A lot of them have cookbook deals and use their blogs as a place to see which recipes people like best. Try some of the stuff they post online.

Chloe Coscarelli
Robin Robertson
Chocolate Covered Katie
Oh She Glows
Vegan Richa
The Minimalist Baker
The Post Punk Kitchen

... just for starters... there are a lot of them out there.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page