Sudden Aversion to Meat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jenn2
  • 1 Post By cjtremayne

#1 Old 02-28-2016, 01:41 PM

Sudden Aversion to Meat

Hi.

Two weeks ago I decided to cut down on meat. I was eating it every day and using it as a filler in meals, so I wanted to eat less but better quality meat. However, after a week of this, I woke up one day and the thought of meat makes me feel very sick. Today I ate an egg mayo sandwich, finished it, but for about an hour after I thought I was going to throw up.

I'm male, so probably not pregnant...

Anyone had an experience like this?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtremayne View Post
Hi.

Two weeks ago I decided to cut down on meat. I was eating it every day and using it as a filler in meals, so I wanted to eat less but better quality meat. However, after a week of this, I woke up one day and the thought of meat makes me feel very sick. Today I ate an egg mayo sandwich, finished it, but for about an hour after I thought I was going to throw up.

About a year ago I had some "mushroom" lasagna at a buffet.....that turned out to be meat. I "re-gifted" it in the parking lot.

My veg*n daughter tried meat recently....just to see what would happen. She felt bad all night, did not sleep well....and was "irregular" the next day.

Meat has so many chemicals, antibiotics, growth hormones, etc. in it.....no wonder people feel like crap when they eat it......not to mention the adverse heath effects.

I'm living on the edge when I buy fake lunch meat & fake mayo & make a sandwich.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#3 Old 02-28-2016, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

so you're going to quit eating meat, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-28-2016, 09:57 PM
Longtime vegetarian

Quote:
Two weeks ago I decided to cut down on meat. I was eating it every day and using it as a filler in meals, so I wanted to eat less but better quality meat. However, after a week of this, I woke up one day and the thought of meat makes me feel very sick.
What else has been going on in your life? I mean, have you been reading up on animal rights, for example? Have you been spending time with a friend or loved one who has chosen a compassionate (vegan/vegetarian) lifestyle because they love animals? Have you watched any undercover videos of factory farms or slaughterhouses?

It sounds like SOMETHING has triggered your sudden revulsion to meat--and that's a VERY GOOD THING! Now that you already don't want it, it's a great time to dump it for good. Welcome to the wonderful world of being kind to animals!
#5 Old 02-29-2016, 01:31 AM

Hi. Thanks for the replies.

Silva, I wasn't trying to give up, just cut down. Guess, at least for the time being, I won't be eating any.

As for what's happening in my life, nothing as far as I'm aware. No programmes watched, no change in attitude towards the rearing and slaughtering of animals; I still think of them as food. I just can't eat meat, and maybe egg, not sure after the last try lol.

Wonder if it'll fade.

#6 Old 02-29-2016, 02:27 AM
Veggie Regular

So you come to a vegetarian forum to ask why you have a sudden aversion to meat? Interesting.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 02-29-2016, 03:15 AM

To see if anyone had a similar experience?

#8 Old 02-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
To see if anyone had a similar experience?

Veggieboards is for those who are vegetarian/vegan or interested in becoming so. Please read the rules.

Personally I don't know too many people who change their entire lifestyle because they have an aversion to meat, but maybe it happens?

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 Old 02-29-2016, 04:16 AM

I did post it in the Transitioning to vegetarian subsection. I thought that would be an ideal place to see other's experiences, especially if they're similar. And I am interested in becoming a vegetarian, it may be a forced interest, but still an interest.

#10 Old 02-29-2016, 04:20 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Do you expect a cure here?

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#11 Old 02-29-2016, 04:30 AM

No. Like I wrote in the original post, I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

#12 Old 02-29-2016, 07:12 AM
Chaotic Vegetarian

Quote:
No. Like I wrote in the original post, I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Yes. I haven't eaten meat for a few years and my meat aversion is getting worse. As it is becoming harder and harder for me to hold a conversation with people when I see them eating meat. In my first veg years, I would pick the olives on their pizzas and now it just looks/smells/feel so icky.
I guess all in all, this is better.

Bon appétit !
#13 Old 02-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Hi.

Congrats on becoming a vegetarian without the worry about using your willpower!
That's what happened to me, and at first I was freaked out, but now I am so glad, because I was then able to learn about what happens to animals, knowing that I was no longer contributing to the problem. Family and friends took it very well too, if I simply said 'No thanks to the meat. Lately, it has made me feel sick'. Easiest transition I could have asked for!

Getting physically sick from your egg sandwich could be another blessing in disguise, if you are interested in going a bit further

EDIT: I should also note that at first I had no interest in becoming vegetarian...I was happy the way things were at the time. But after learning more about it, I was glad that it happened and would never go back to change it.
Naturebound likes this.

Last edited by Jenn2; 02-29-2016 at 10:16 AM.
#14 Old 02-29-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2 View Post
Congrats on becoming a vegetarian without the worry about using your willpower!
That's what happened to me, and at first I was freaked out, but now I am so glad, because I was then able to learn about what happens to animals, knowing that I was no longer contributing to the problem. Family and friends took it very well too, if I simply said 'No thanks to the meat. Lately, it has made me feel sick'. Easiest transition I could have asked for!

Getting physically sick from your egg sandwich could be another blessing in disguise, if you are interested in going a bit further

EDIT: I should also note that at first I had no interest in becoming vegetarian...I was happy the way things were at the time. But after learning more about it, I was glad that it happened and would never go back to change it.
I can say I'm having a nice variety of meals now! But that was one of the reasons for originally eating less meat too.

So I guess I'll just see how things go. But in 1 week I lost 1kg and 1% body fat, with only 1 hard exercise, so may have other benefits.

Jenn2 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page