• 2 Post By animals82
  • 1 Post By 4everaspirit
  • 2 Post By Kiwibird08
  • 1 Post By Thalassa4
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By talkcc144

#1 Old 12-28-2015, 05:53 AM

Beef flavor Raman noodles?

Are beef flavored Raman noodles have any trace of beef or anything like that sorry for a silly question but I'm new to this veggitarion diet but I love them noodles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-28-2015, 06:13 AM

The Oriental flavor of Top Ramen noodles surprisingly tastes like the beef flavor, you might have to ration out the water to get it the way you like it though. On the flip side they are also vegan, the Chili flavor of that brand is also pretty good. With the Chili you should add extra water, it is quite spicy!
#3 Old 12-28-2015, 08:33 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

You can probably find that information out by reading the ingredients. There are even ingredient lists online that you can check. Top ramen has two vegan flavors that being oriental and chili flavor, but the beef and the beef of Mauruchan are not vegetarian. There are however some odd varieties of noodles packages that will say beef or chicken flavor but actually contain "artificial beef flavor" and dehydrated wheat protein (seitain) for the beef. I saw one in a store like this the other day where it was pho noodles beef flavor but it was actually vegetarian and pretty damn good!
maremare likes this.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Beef flavor ramen most likely has beef in it, I'm sorry to say. If you read the ingredients it should become more clear -- usually you will find things like beef broth or beef fat to clue you in. I usually don't buy things that say "beef" or "chicken" flavored unless it is pretty clear they are vegan.

You could try the "oriental" or chili flavors of Nissin top ramen which contain no animal products (https://www.nissinfoods.com/faqs.php), or if you can find plain ramen noodles in your grocery store you could just cook them up with a cube of veggie bouillon, in veggie broth or with miso broth. I would not recommending buying the beef flavor and throwing away the packet, as that is just a waste of animal products -- but if you have some in your pantry that you need to use up, not using the packet would be an option.
#5 Old 12-28-2015, 11:07 AM
No flesh since 99'

You can just buy ramen or rice noodles and vegan beef flavored bullion and make up the same thing. Might not be as cheap, but has the same flavor.
Thalassa4 and skinnieminnie like this.
#6 Old 12-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Veggie Recycler

Buy oriental or chili flavor...if you have old beef or chicken flavor, throw out the flavor packet because yes it contains meat. But then prepare the noodles and drain the water except for a couple of spoonfuls of hot water...then add a huge spoonful of peanut butter, a little soy sauce or Braggs amino, and squeeze a lemon or lime over the whole thing and stir. You can also add cilantro, chili oil, or Sriracha for extra flavor. Voila, vegan ramen, that actually has more nutrition than the flavor packet.
mackiesgirl likes this.
#7 Old 12-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Top Ramen brand oriental flavor and chili flavor (I don't like chili myself) are the only 'usual' grocery vegan. None of Marchuen are vegan.

You'll be much better off buying a package of baked ramen noodles, or rice vermicelli. I get packs of rice noodles about $2.00 a lb either white or brown rice. The baked ramen are about that too. Mix with soy sauce, Braggs aminos, sriracha or try a peanut butter sauce- thin PB with some hot water, some soy and/or sriracha or hot sauce or just crushed red pepper if you like spice. Maybe a bit of brown sugar or lime. Play around

These noodles really cook in the same time as the packets, they just seem like more trouble

For quick broths look up BEtter than Boullion no chicken or no beef, or Frontier brand or other
mackiesgirl likes this.
#8 Old 12-29-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red veggie View Post
Are beef flavored Raman noodles have any trace of beef or anything like that sorry for a silly question but I'm new to this veggitarion diet but I love them noodles
Same here I love those soups here's what I use ...knorr vegetable bouillon... Look it up just add it to ur noodles with water so u don't have to use any animal powder packets works great
#9 Old 04-12-2017, 06:08 PM

I enjoy ramen noodles but I don't eat the seasoning. I use Bragg's liquid amino and or sesame oil for taste.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Mojo likes this.
#10 Old 04-13-2017, 01:15 AM
person

Massel make "all vegetable" stock in "beef" "chicken" and vegetable.

Personally I like the "beef" one best although I don't know if it would suit your needs because I like its smell and I can't stand the smell of real beef cooking.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page