VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Transitioning to Vegetarian (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/57-transitioning-vegetarian/)
-   -   Waking up paralyzed. (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/57-transitioning-vegetarian/190961-waking-up-paralyzed.html)

Happyhardcore 09-27-2015 10:18 AM

Waking up paralyzed.

Some times when I wake up I am completely paralyzed from the waist down.When this happens I either have to wait until it passes or I use my hands to try and lift them.It hurts a lot and it actually happened this morning.But sadly I'm used to it.:crying::serious:And sometimes it happens while I'm totally awake.Once it happened while I was cleaning my room.

no whey jose 09-27-2015 10:21 AM

How awful! Sounds like sleep paralysis: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Shallot 09-27-2015 10:46 AM

If it's happening when you are awake it may be a squeezed nerve. Or possibly epilepsy. Or any number of other issues really ....

Either way you should get this checked out by a doctor. Soon!

I've got sleep paralysis (which is no fun at all) but I don't think it happens when you are already awake.

VeggieSince88 09-27-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyhardcore (Post 3787945)
Some times when I wake up I am completely paralyzed from the waist down.When this happens I either have to wait until it passes or I use my hands to try and lift them.It hurts a lot and it actually happened this morning.But sadly I'm used to it.:crying::serious:And sometimes it happens while I'm totally awake.Once it happened while I was cleaning my room.

Sleep paralysis is one thing, what you're experiencing is something else altogether. You need to see your doctor as soon as possible.

David3 09-27-2015 04:10 PM

This is a medical problem. See your doctor ASAP!!!

dormouse 09-27-2015 04:55 PM

I agree with the others. Definitely see a doctor. There's no way this has anything to do with your transition to vegetarianism, unless your diet is really whack. Certainly not a normal phase of the transition.

Marjoram 09-28-2015 07:02 AM

A healthy plant base diet gives you energy and make you healthier, what you are experiencing is a medical issue, please go see your doc asap.

Gita 09-28-2015 03:57 PM

You should see a doctor. Everyone has sleep paralysis. They usually just don't wake up while they are having it. To me it sounds more like a spinal cord or disk problem.

Happyhardcore 09-29-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dormouse (Post 3788193)
I agree with the others. Definitely see a doctor. There's no way this has anything to do with your transition to vegetarianism, unless your diet is really whack. Certainly not a normal phase of the transition.

It has just been happening way more than normal since my transition.

Shallot 09-30-2015 05:08 AM

I fear that your transition has just unhappily coincided with this getting worse. Unless you were already extremely deficient in all nutrients it would take months for deficiencies to take effect.

Go to a doctor. Soon.

There are a number of treatable conditions that could cause these symptoms but the longer you wait the more potential there is for permanent damage.

Kiwibird08 09-30-2015 08:23 AM

I've suffered from sleep paralysis since I was a kid. What your describing is NOT sleep paralysis. It sounds like a possible neurological issue and should be investigated immediately.

busyvegetarians 10-26-2015 10:29 AM

Go to hospital. You shouldn't wait so long. Can be his vegetarian transition the cause of the problem? I don't think so, would be interesting to hear what other think about this?.
An please, would be nice to hear what your doctor told you.