The Myths about meat are so deeply ingrained! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
  • 5 Post By Namaste35
  • 4 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 3 Post By @rno

#1 Old 09-22-2014, 08:53 AM

The Myths about meat are so deeply ingrained!

I am astounded by how deeply I felt yesterday that if I just eat meat, I will be healthier. It's like a whole army of people were bombarding me with messages - meat is the way! It will make you strong! It will make you feel energized and happy! But they felt WRONG! Like I've been fooled by family, society, and generations of people that tell me this is the only way to eat.

But... as I find more and more people who are thriving on a vegetarian diet this whole line of reasoning falls into question. I am slowly realizing that becoming vegetarian involves going against what others think in many ways, but in very positive ways too.

I have encountered this with my Ashtanga yoga practice, many people say it is too rough or too hard or too ambitious, but for me it works. Sure I have to watch to not overdo it and take it at my own pace, but the benefits of nourishing my soul in this way outweigh the desires to sleep more or do other more gentle styles of yoga.

I love how becoming vegetarian means finding new ways of thinking and being that are more true to yourself. Following my own heart and intuitions is becoming the way for me, and trusting that I CAN be healthy, mentally and physically, without meat.

Hurray :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

I know exactly what you mean! We are all bombarded our whole lives with advertisements saying you can't be healthy without meat, Oprah even got sued for speaking out against the meat industry.

The more research you do the more you realize how untrue it all is, we don't need meat to be healthy and in fact we can thrive and live happy energetic lives fueled by plants. I haven't eaten meat in about 14 years now and I feel great!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 09-23-2014, 03:27 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I haven't eaten meat in about 14 years now and I feel great!
59 years for me (lifelong).
Capstan, Purp and omnisheep like this.

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page