First day-not so great, would love some input! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Today is my official first day, and I set up an account over at sparks people to track my calories and macros. While my food will fluctuate a bit day to day, I was really surprised at how low some of my nutrient numbers were for what I'm eating today.Here's my menu for the day:

-Am: Green smoothie with plain 2% Greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, banana, kale, spinach, raw honey and water/ice

(24 ounces worth) *did 1/2c of the yogurt, will up this up to a full cup from now on to get the nutrients

-mid morning-large serving of mushrooms (about 1.5c) sauted in evoo with salt, pepper and garlic powder

-early afternoon-serving oatmeal with brown sugar, another small banana and blueberries

-supper-large, dinner plate sized salad with lettuce, spinach, tomato, bell pepper, one hard boiled egg, 1/3c colby-jack cheese and regular ranch dressing

-snack-one chocolate chip cookie :)

6 sweet cherries (last of the ones we picked-so sad they're gone!)

-Calories: 1,299-160 exercise calories -way to low for me

-Fat 56 (in the middle range so good here )

-Carbs 177 (in the middle range so good here)

-Protein 51-below the lowest recommended mark (sp has the range set to 60-153, but I've read in numerous places during my weight loss journey that you should aim for at least .8 per pound, which means I should be hitting right around 100)

-Iron 44, minimum is supposed to be 100 ouch!

-B12 a whopping 9 lol. But, I knew this would be low so yesterday I ordered a B12 supplement from Amazon and it should be here tomorrow :)

-Calcium 29, minimum is supposed to be 100. I eat cheese daily and usually butter, but skipped the butter today. I will try and get the butter in every day and also maybe add more cheese? I do not drink milks so cheese, yogurt and butter are my only dairy options

-Zinc 15, minimum is supposed to be 100, another ouch

My biggest concerns are the calories, iron and zinc. I may have to look into a zinc supplement, though the iron is a tricky one because you don't want to get too much of it? Might just leave this one alone until my next doctor appointment next spring and then get tested? Calories-with the exercise factored in I'm well below my maintenance level of around 1,879.

I know this is literally my first day and it will take a while to get everything figured out, but I'd love suggestions for how I can tweak! I eat very repetitive, so things like the smoothie I'll pretty much be eating everyday. Is there anything I could add to it to get my numbers better etc ? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Avocado, nutritional yeast, broccoli, tofu if you like it, maybe seitan, nuts for snacks.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 07-09-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Avocado, nutritional yeast, broccoli, tofu if you like it, maybe seitan, nuts for snacks.

Thank you! I've been thinking of adding avocado to my smoothie, I'll have to give this a try :) I've never heard of nutritional yeast-off to google!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Eat beans and legumes, the will up your protein, iron, zinc and calcium. Try a variety of beans as they each provide more or less of certain nutrients.

Eat leafy greens for calcium. Much better than dairy.
Ewe Nanny likes this.
#5 Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

Eat beans and legumes, the will up your protein, iron, zinc and calcium. Try a variety of beans as they each provide more or less of certain nutrients.

Eat leafy greens for calcium. Much better than dairy.

What besides kale and spinach would recommend for the greens? I usually don't eat legumes, but I'll have to start adding these in a few times a week-thanks for the suggestion!

#6 Old 07-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Beginner

I make green smoothies all the time and find that lettuce and kale taste the best, but really you can you anything.  Go out and pick some dandelion greens, try lettuce (not iceburg, but things like green leaf, romane...).  Do you have a garden?  Broccoli greens and brussel sprout greens I found are very good. 

Any green will taste okay in your smoothie if you add enough fruit!  If you want to limit dairy, leave out the yogurt.  Avocado and/or banana will make it really creamy.  I make mine with a green like spinach or kale, banana, some other fruit, and a handful of nuts, pecans are really good in smoothies, but almonds or walnuts, flax seed, you can use anything, experiement and try it out!  See what you like best.

One of my personal favorites is spinach, banana, peaches or kiwi, flax seed and pecan.  VERY filling, and delicious! 

Good luck.

Ewe Nanny likes this.
#7 Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegSingleMum View Post

I make green smoothies all the time and find that lettuce and kale taste the best, but really you can you anything.  Go out and pick some dandelion greens, try lettuce (not iceburg, but things like green leaf, romane...).  Do you have a garden?  Broccoli greens and brussel sprout greens I found are very good. 

Any green will taste okay in your smoothie if you add enough fruit!  If you want to limit dairy, leave out the yogurt.  Avocado and/or banana will make it really creamy.  I make mine with a green like spinach or kale, banana, some other fruit, and a handful of nuts, pecans are really good in smoothies, but almonds or walnuts, flax seed, you can use anything, experiement and try it out!  See what you like best.

One of my personal favorites is spinach, banana, peaches or kiwi, flax seed and pecan.  VERY filling, and delicious! 

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions! I need to expand my smoothie combinations!

#8 Old 07-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know your stats, but I don't think you need 100 grams of protein.  I weigh 185 pounds and consume 65 grams of protein per day.  I was having trouble even getting this much so now I add protein powder to my morning drink.  I use pea protein and get 20 grams.  You may want to try a protein drink with almond milk, which will help you with the calcium.  

#9 Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Poo Pie Head

When I went vegetarian before I went vegan, my cheese intake went from zero (as an omni I would order pizza without cheese...) to rather high. Moderate use of cheese would be a good way to add calories, protein and minerals. Also, if from grass fed cows, a good source of B12. Cabot cheese blocks were a weekly purchase back in those days. Most of them are rennet free, and I liked the jalepeno one a lot back then. I know, cheese isn't considered a good food when trying to lose weight, but if used "properly" it could be a good addition.
Ewe Nanny likes this.
#10 Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/andi-food-scores.aspx

This is Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI). By reading your post, it seems that your're incorporating items higher in nutrient density such as spinach, kale, and bluberries, which is great! Try incorporating more of these to get those essential micronutrients. 

As ocrob37 indicated, don't be so concerned about acquiring 100 g of protein in your diet. Most people do well with 40 - 60 grams of protein a day. However, if you are on a weight loss journey, I would suggest reducing the eggs and dairy. Not only are these foods high in fat and cholesterol, but they are not high on the nutrient density index. Since I eat a strict vegetarian diet, I've loss a good amount of weight by excluding dairy and eggs from my diet. Also watch how much sugar you are adding to your diet (raw honey, brown sugar) and see if you can instead use fruit to sweeten your meals instead. 

Ewe Nanny likes this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#11 Old 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I too would suggest more greens, but that's not going to get yoru calorie intake up.  Try some nuts, too.  :)

Ewe Nanny likes this.
#12 Old 07-10-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocrob37 View Post

I don't know your stats, but I don't think you need 100 grams of protein.  I weigh 185 pounds and consume 65 grams of protein per day.  I was having trouble even getting this much so now I add protein powder to my morning drink.  I use pea protein and get 20 grams.  You may want to try a protein drink with almond milk, which will help you with the calcium.

My stats are:

-female

-34 years old

-5ft, 6in

-in maintenance, at 125ish pounds

-exercise-training for my first 5k and walking/running 10-12 miles a week right now. Was also doing Mark Lauren's strength training program but I'm taking a break from that until August, to focus on the running :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Moody View Post

When I went vegetarian before I went vegan, my cheese intake went from zero (as an omni I would order pizza without cheese...) to rather high. Moderate use of cheese would be a good way to add calories, protein and minerals. Also, if from grass fed cows, a good source of B12. Cabot cheese blocks were a weekly purchase back in those days. Most of them are rennet free, and I liked the jalepeno one a lot back then. I know, cheese isn't considered a good food when trying to lose weight, but if used "properly" it could be a good addition.
I'm heading to the farmers market today to buy local, grass fed cheese but due to the cost I can only buy 1/2 pound ($5). I'm not trying to lose weight so cheese/dairy shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't go to crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/andi-food-scores.aspx

This is Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI). By reading your post, it seems that your're incorporating items higher in nutrient density such as spinach, kale, and bluberries, which is great! Try incorporating more of these to get those essential micronutrients. 

As ocrob37 indicated, don't be so concerned about acquiring 100 g of protein in your diet. Most people do well with 40 - 60 grams of protein a day. However, if you are on a weight loss journey, I would suggest reducing the eggs and dairy. Not only are these foods high in fat and cholesterol, but they are not high on the nutrient density index. Since I eat a strict vegetarian diet, I've loss a good amount of weight by excluding dairy and eggs from my diet. Also watch how much sugar you are adding to your diet (raw honey, brown sugar) and see if you can instead use fruit to sweeten your meals instead. 

Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

I too would suggest more greens, but that's not going to get yoru calorie intake up.  Try some nuts, too.  :)

Next time I head to the store I'll have to pick up some almonds and walnuts-thanks for the suggestion!

Well, last night we ended up going out for ice cream, so I'm sure my calorie number got bumped up quite a bit lol. Probably got a bit of calcium in too :) Heading to the farmers market this morning and I'm excited to see what's available-going to try and find some things I haven't tried before!

#13 Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Veggie Regular

100 grams of protein per day? You're supposed to eat 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram, not pound (it's 0.36 per pound); going over that limit can increase your risk for osteoporosis and kidney disease.

Iron is only supposed to be 14mg or 15mg per day.

For teenagers and adults you need 2.4mcg of vitamin b12 per day, yet it hasn't been found to have any toxic effects in high amounts.

14+ year olds need 8mg of zinc per day. Half a tablespoon of nutritional yeast on a medium egg (fried with butter) can provide you 6mg of zinc, plus over 100% of all of your daily b-vitamins, over half of the recommended folate intake (400mcg), 91mg of choline and 8g of protein.

I've seen calcium reccomendations range from 700mg to as high as 1300mg, so I'd aim for the middle at 1000mg.
1 cup of cooked spinach has 245mg of calcium (almost 25%)
8 cooked broccoli spears has 118mg of calcium
2 tablespoons of almond butter has 86mg of calcium (you may have steamed broccoli with almond butter as a snack)
10 brazil nuts have 96mg of calcium (almost 10%)
1 ounce of chia seeds has 177mg of calcium
2 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses has 118mg of calcium
1 cup of goats milk has 327mg of calcium; full-fat cow's milk has 276mg of calcium (you said you don't drink milk but I thought I'd just throw this out here)

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

#14 Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, and most of those are good sources of iron, too!

- The Golden Rule

- Voltair

- Mahatma Ghandi

- Japanese Proverb

#15 Old 07-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothiesara View Post

What besides kale and spinach would recommend for the greens? I usually don't eat legumes, but I'll have to start adding these in a few times a week-thanks for the suggestion!

Swiss chard, red leaf lettuce, romaine, collards, mustard greens, cabbage, rocket ( arugula), bok choy, watercress
Ewe Nanny likes this.
#16 Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:

Today is my official first day, and I set up an account over at sparks people to track my calories and macros. While my food will fluctuate a bit day to day, I was really surprised at how low some of my nutrient numbers were for what I'm eating today.

First official day vegetarian? If so congrats! Or are you just on a new diet of some kind?

I'd try to add other foods before more cheese. Like what Katie said above cheese intake can get pretty high for vegetarians - I've seen that a lot. I used to use it way too much as a add-on before going vegan, and it's just such a high fat food and it can make you feel heavy, like you ate too much. 

I didn't see many grains in your menu. Are you off grains?

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#17 Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewe Nanny View Post

100 grams of protein per day? You're supposed to eat 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram, not pound (it's 0.36 per pound); going over that limit can increase your risk for osteoporosis and kidney disease.

Iron is only supposed to be 14mg or 15mg per day.

For teenagers and adults you need 2.4mcg of vitamin b12 per day, yet it hasn't been found to have any toxic effects in high amounts.

14+ year olds need 8mg of zinc per day. Half a tablespoon of nutritional yeast on a medium egg (fried with butter) can provide you 6mg of zinc, plus over 100% of all of your daily b-vitamins, over half of the recommended folate intake (400mcg), 91mg of choline and 8g of protein.

I've seen calcium reccomendations range from 700mg to as high as 1300mg, so I'd aim for the middle at 1000mg.
1 cup of cooked spinach has 245mg of calcium (almost 25%)
8 cooked broccoli spears has 118mg of calcium
2 tablespoons of almond butter has 86mg of calcium (you may have steamed broccoli with almond butter as a snack)
10 brazil nuts have 96mg of calcium (almost 10%)
1 ounce of chia seeds has 177mg of calcium
2 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses has 118mg of calcium
1 cup of goats milk has 327mg of calcium; full-fat cow's milk has 276mg of calcium (you said you don't drink milk but I thought I'd just throw this out here)

Thanks for all the info! Someone else mentioned nutritional yeast so I looked it up and this stuff sounds great! I've got one bookmarked on Amazon and after we get back from vacation I'm going to order some :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

First official day vegetarian? If so congrats! Or are you just on a new diet of some kind?

I'd try to add other foods before more cheese. Like what Katie said above cheese intake can get pretty high for vegetarians - I've seen that a lot. I used to use it way too much as a add-on before going vegan, and it's just such a high fat food and it can make you feel heavy, like you ate too much. 

I didn't see many grains in your menu. Are you off grains?

First day as a vegetarian :) I'm off most wheat products because it causes massive bloating and acne for me. Like, if I eat a sandwich with two pieces of bread I can't button my jeans afterwards-crazy! After reading Wheat Belly I decided to try cutting back on the wheat and yep, that helped a lot. I'm not super strict about it and will eat an occasional handful of pretzels and such, but I avoid bread, pasta etc. Other grains-I do eat rice once or twice a month and I just had oatmeal yesterday, for the first time since I was a kid grin.gif I actually liked it with the add ins (way better tasting than I remember, but my mom made us eat it plain yuck!), so I definitely can eat this a few times a week. I know there's other grains out there, but I haven't tried them yet. I'll be working on adding new things to my diet for sure!

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I feel a lot more confident going forward with this way of eating, now that I have some solid ideas on how to get a well rounded diet in!

#18 Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 AM

I see a total lack of beans, legumes and grains (I'm not a fan of wheat but there are many others out there).  There is more to eat then just veggies!  Also, think about switching out the yogurt in your smoothie with some hemp milk or almond milk.  Better for you and adds a bunch of Omegas (on the hemp milk, anyway).

#19 Old 07-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thanks for all the info! Someone else mentioned nutritional yeast so I looked it up and this stuff sounds great! I've got one bookmarked on Amazon and after we get back from vacation I'm going to order some :)

First day as a vegetarian :) I'm off most wheat products because it causes massive bloating and acne for me. Like, if I eat a sandwich with two pieces of bread I can't button my jeans afterwards-crazy! After reading Wheat Belly I decided to try cutting back on the wheat and yep, that helped a lot. I'm not super strict about it and will eat an occasional handful of pretzels and such, but I avoid bread, pasta etc. Other grains-I do eat rice once or twice a month and I just had oatmeal yesterday, for the first time since I was a kid grin.gif I actually liked it with the add ins (way better tasting than I remember, but my mom made us eat it plain yuck!), so I definitely can eat this a few times a week. I know there's other grains out there, but I haven't tried them yet. I'll be working on adding new things to my diet for sure!

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I feel a lot more confident going forward with this way of eating, now that I have some solid ideas on how to get a well rounded diet in!

I personally would be careful about following advice from Wheat Belly. While consuming less wheat is fine, you still need carbohydrates (starch) from other sources such as rice, oats, millet, quinoa, amaranth, etc with the addition of legumes, fruits and veggies. Fruit by itself is not sufficient because it is just simple sugars, whereas starch is carbon-chains of simple sugars. 

Here's a helpful video from Dr. John McDougall that you can gleam some information from. Dr. McDougall isn't the end all and be all of vegan diets (though it has demonstrated excellent results), but it's an excellent start along with the Dr. Furhman information about nutrient density that I posted above.

Ewe Nanny likes this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#20 Old 07-10-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:

I personally would be careful about following advice from Wheat Belly. While consuming less wheat is fine, you still need carbohydrates (starch) from other sources such as rice, oats, millet, quinoa, amaranth, etc with the addition of legumes, fruits and veggies. Fruit by itself is not sufficient because it is just simple sugars, whereas starch is carbon-chains of simple sugars. 

Here's a helpful video from Dr. John McDougall that you can gleam some information from. Dr. McDougall isn't the end all and be all of vegan diets (though it has demonstrated excellent results), but it's an excellent start along with the Dr. Furhman information about nutrient density that I posted above.

thanks for the video link! I'm watching forks over knives right now and will watch this one next :)

Aristede likes this.
#21 Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I'll follow what the others have said and advice you to include more greens and legumes! Lentils are super easy to cook with, as are canned beans. Seitan is delicious and provides a lot of protein. You say you don't do grains, but what about quinoa? That is a really good source of good nutrients, as well as providing you with complete protein. 

Ewe Nanny likes this.
#22 Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 AM

Aristede-thanks again for the video link-just watched it and really liked it! I'm coming off of a several month primal eating experiment and the video really hits home several issues I had with that way of eating!

Aristede likes this.
#23 Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Aristede-thanks again for the video link-just watched it and really liked it! I'm coming off of a several month primal eating experiment and the video really hits home several issues I had with that way of eating!

I'm glad that you found it useful. smiley.gif Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Neal Bernard, Dr. Joel Furhman, and dietician Jeff Novick (just to name a few) are leading experts in the field of plant-based nutrition and you can find many of their presentations and lectures on YouTube. 

Ewe Nanny likes this.

#24 Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:

I'm glad that you found it useful. smiley.gif Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Neal Bernard, Dr. Joel Furhman, and dietician Jeff Novick (just to name a few) are leading experts in the field of plant-based nutrition and you can find many of their presentations and lectures on YouTube. 

I've just put several of their books on hold at my library-we're heading out on a big road trip next week and I need something to read-perfect timing!

#25 Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thanks for all the info! Someone else mentioned nutritional yeast so I looked it up and this stuff sounds great! I've got one bookmarked on Amazon and after we get back from vacation I'm going to order some smiley.gif
Mm, it tastes somewhere between nutty and cheesy! When you get it, sprinkle some on warm, freshly cooked popcorn with a tiny bit of salt for an umami snack! Talking about snacks, one cup of black olives has 118mg of calcium and 4mg of iron (if you can tolerate olives!).

Also, add this to your smoothie collection (it's like drinking gingerbread!):
http://ohsheglows.com/2011/09/01/iron-woman-gingerbread-smoothie/

- The Golden Rule

- Voltair

- Mahatma Ghandi

- Japanese Proverb

#26 Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Mm, it tastes somewhere between nutty and cheesy! When you get it, sprinkle some on warm, freshly cooked popcorn with a tiny bit of salt for an umami snack! Talking about snacks, one cup of black olives has 118mg of calcium and 4mg of iron (if you can tolerate olives!).

When it comes to nutritional yeast, I can take it or leave it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I've used it in cheezy sauces to "mimic" some of the qualities of cheese, but that's about all I've ever used it for. I haven't tried it on popcorn yet, but that sounds good. popcorn.gif

I adore olives, especially kalamata olives, but I try not to eat them often because they're high in monosaturated fat (even though that is "good" fat, I try to not eat a higher fat diet). I like them so much, it's like popping candy to me sometimes. 

That gingerbread smoothie sounds delicious. I love gingerbread (in fact I have some Triple Ginger cookies sitting on the shelf now). I can't wait until the fall when I start baking my gingerbread and it fills the house with that warm, lush aroma. 

Aristede book2.gif

#27 Old 07-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

When it comes to nutritional yeast, I can take it or leave it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I've used it in cheezy sauces to "mimic" some of the qualities of cheese, but that's about all I've ever used it for. I haven't tried it on popcorn yet, but that sounds good. popcorn.gif

I adore olives, especially kalamata olives, but I try not to eat them often because they're high in monosaturated fat (even though that is "good" fat, I try to not eat a higher fat diet). I like them so much, it's like popping candy to me sometimes. 

That gingerbread smoothie sounds delicious. I love gingerbread (in fact I have some Triple Ginger cookies sitting on the shelf now). I can't wait until the fall when I start baking my gingerbread and it fills the house with that warm, lush aroma. 

Aristede book2.gif

Olives used to make my face scrunch up because they tasted so bitter and sour to me; now I can tolerate them but I don't chow down on them like sweets! Kalamata olives are really delicious in bread, though! tongue3.gif

Nutritional yeast is great in sauces and also plain hummus, however I like to eat it straight from the spoon as well (shh)! blush.gif

- The Golden Rule

- Voltair

- Mahatma Ghandi

- Japanese Proverb

#28 Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Olives used to make my face scrunch up because they tasted so bitter and sour to me; now I can tolerate them but I don't chow down on them like sweets! Kalamata olives are really delicious in bread, though! tongue3.gif

Nutritional yeast is great in sauces and also plain hummus, however I like to eat it straight from the spoon as well (shh)! blush.gif

When I was younger, I hated olives, but I guess our tastes do change as we get older. As for eating nutritional yeast on a spoon... inquisitive.gif

One herb that I absolutely dislike is cilantro (fresh coriander). I eat a lot of Chinese, Indian, and Thai food and I (naturally) keep running into the stuff. It doesn't matter how little of it is in a dish, I can taste it and simply don't care for it. The Thai place I go to puts cilantro leaves in their soup as a finisher, so I eat a leaf or two every now and then. (Surely, I could request no cilantro, but my request list is already long - no fish sauce, no egg, no this, no that lol.) Another thing I don't like a lot is papaya. I've tried it many times, but I just don't get it. 

Aristede book2.gif

#29 Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I second the smoothie recommendation! It's my favourite smoothie ever! At least for now :P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page