Soy milk is DELICIOUS! What's your favorite food items? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 PM

I would have gone veg a lot sooner if I had known about all the delicious options! Even before this, I disliked milk. The taste of it and the thought of what it was totally grossed me out so I never drank it unless it was cooked into certain dishes, and now I realize, all this time I could have been drinking soy milk and using it to cook!!

So what is your favorite veg*n thing to eat or a recipe that you use a lot? Maybe something that I wouldn't already know about!?

SepiaRoses likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Beginner

My weaknesses are the bean curd dishes and sesame noodles w/spring rolls from a local Chinese takeout I get. drool.gif Wow, could eat this every day, LOL! As for homemade, I love pasta with marinara sauce and salad with a delicious homemade dressing. In fact, that's what I'm having for dinner tonight! broccoli.gif

I also love pretty much all forms of beans and rice. A big plate of spicy black beans with yellow rice and LOTS of hot sauce is an ideal meal for me.

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted."

---Aesop
#3 Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Beginner

This is one of my favorite foods in the world.  I never use cheese.   I mash 1 can of black beans with 1 avocado.  
I use Cholula Hot Sauce on the side.  It's so amazing and so easy. 

http://www.food.com/recipe/black-bean-and-avocado-quesadillas-364704

SepiaRoses likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goby View Post

This is one of my favorite foods in the world.  I never use cheese.   I mash 1 can of black beans with 1 avocado.  
I use Cholula Hot Sauce on the side.  It's so amazing and so easy. 

http://www.food.com/recipe/black-bean-and-avocado-quesadillas-364704

Gotta try that Cholula. Tapatio is excellent too--it's so vinegary and peppery, I love it! I like the idea of mixing black beans with avocado. There's nothing I love more than a good guacamole. Even before becoming vegan, I'd always choose that over sour cream. Great, I was going to have pasta for dinner, but now I'm in the mood for Mexican food, LOL! chef.gif

---Aesop
#5 Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepiaRoses View Post

Gotta try that Cholula. Tapatio is excellent too--it's so vinegary and peppery, I love it! I like the idea of mixing black beans with avocado. There's nothing I love more than a good guacamole. Even before becoming vegan, I'd always choose that over sour cream. Great, I was going to have pasta for dinner, but now I'm in the mood for Mexican food, LOL! chef.gif

Oh, this is so yummy!!!!   And I love it when the tortilla is all crunchy.  I think I'm going to have it tonight.  

Cholula and Tapatio are very similar.  The biggest difference is the price... Cholula is about 2-3 times as expensive.  Cholula is milder, but tastes a little better.  If I feel like spending the big bucks, I get Cholula.   But they are both amazing. 

Another winner is a burrito made from rice, beans, onions, avocado, and cabbage (I get cole slaw without the mayo -- it's in the pre-made salad section) and cheddar cheese (optional, and not needed).  I used canned black beans, and brown basmati rice.  Yum!!  The cabbage gives it a yummy crunch.  

#6 Old 01-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Oh, this is so yummy!!!!   And I love it when the tortilla is all crunchy.  I think I'm going to have it tonight.  

Cholula and Tapatio are very similar.  The biggest difference is the price... Cholula is about 2-3 times as expensive.  Cholula is milder, but tastes a little better.  If I feel like spending the big bucks, I get Cholula.   But they are both amazing. 

Another winner is a burrito made from rice, beans, onions, avocado, and cabbage (I get cole slaw without the mayo -- it's in the pre-made salad section) and cheddar cheese (optional, and not needed).  I used canned black beans, and brown basmati rice.  Yum!!  The cabbage gives it a yummy crunch.  

I have some corn tortillas and a couple cans of refried black beans I got for cheap as burrito fixins'. Never thought of using coleslaw mix before, thanks for sharing! I like corn, tomatoes, lettuce, hot sauce and very hot salsa in a burrito. I think my heat threshold is sky high because I've been eating raw garlic and Tabasco since I was a kid, LOL. Definitely trying that cabbage idea. lick.gif

---Aesop
#7 Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepiaRoses View Post

Nice idea on the cabbage! I make a lot of burtitos. A local Mexican restaurant (well, food truck with seating) uses cabbage instead of lettuce. Their stuff is great and tons of vegan. grin.gif
#8 Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Nuts! any kind, cashew, pistachio, sunflower, I always was crazy for nuts, I just eat them unsalted now.

Recipe: veggie sushi or udon noodle stir fry with a tamarind sauce... or cold soba...too many things to have one favorite lol.

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#9 Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 PM

I love PureAlmond almond milk or almond/coconut milk blend. Even the originals are good. And I couldn't believe how much better they are for u! Plus, all kinds of beans and lentils and rice r good. Just use a lot of spices. I'm a sucker for good tofu and fruit smoothie. And I recently tried Morningstar Grillers burgers. Imvttying to go to all vegan here and those r not vegan but they are a delicious substitute ifbyou in a burger mood, and there's no guilt! Lol
#10 Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM

I've never had delicious soya milk unless it's been sweetened.  Sweetened soya milk is usually nicer than cows' milk; unsweetened is not as nice.

Houmous (generally, but also spread on a tortilla wrap with cherry tomatoes and cucumber inside).

Poppadoms with mango chutney

Samosas

Holland & Barrett Lincolnshire sausages

(Salted) cashew nuts

EDIT: (after answering another thread) chocolate Alpro soya milk. 

I can't cook so my list would be different if I could make my own nice things - eg if made by someone else - a nice mild curry or chilli. 

Oh and how could I forget - got to be in my Top 3 - a nice vegan pizza.  I had one in Madrid once that was amazing but I don't know what they put on it to make it so nice.  Must've been some sort of oil, maybe a bit of garlic I dunno.  But it was as tasty as a cheese pizza which takes some doing.  And there was no 'pretend cheese' on it. Hmmm wonder if the veg were fried?  

#11 Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 PM

+1 for houmous as well as mango chutney.

Spring rolls + brown rice.

-Slave.

#12 Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 AM

Soy milk and any kind of cereal out there. If you haven't tried it, I recommend you try it. Prepare to be amazed.

#13 Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 AM

I love soya milk, almond milk and hazelnut milk. ummm... :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page