the only one? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalshells View Post

I wonder sometimes about oysters.

What about oysters?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I was until my husband became vegetarian at 42 years old and then vegan a month later :)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
#33 Old 08-27-2012, 05:02 PM

i'm the only person in my town that is vegan.. half the people i know don't even know what it is :P i don't know anyone that is vegan its sad ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smj622 View Post

Is there anyone eles here that is the only one in the household or family that is veg.?

I am.  My family knows.  I'm 35, I had way high Blood pressure & ever since I've gone from 150/91 to 119/71.  Used to have heart palpitations laying down!!!

I make my orders for food out in public, etc. &  I get the comment, "whuh, you veggy-tarian or something?"  I say "yeah....  Health reasons.  Had bad BP & it completely reversed itself & went to normal inside a month after having high BP, chest pains & palpitations for 4 years."  He said, "well now that I can understand"  I asked, what can't you understand?   "All the save the animals stuff."  I said, I saved myself by making the switch.  I happened to maybe not contribute to the market in that arena as a result, but I did it for me.  So do millions of others."    

SO, I'm fortunate to be old enough to not care at all what people think.  Heck, most people don't even know yet.  When I do talk about it & they call me a liar in disbelief thinking I lied about my blood pressure being that high so young & changing in such little time.  Showed them the BP sheets when I had it taken.  before & after.  They're always astonished.
Sad thing is, they won't think of doing it for themselves unless they feel they have a reason to, like I did.  At least I know better now.

In all, I think being a vegetarian is a defining characteristic of a person, but it doesn't define who I am as a person.  Make sense?  If people give me grief about my being a vegetarian, like I own that as some sort of identity thing, then they may as well give me grief for using one postage stamp w. so & so on it rather than another stamp w. a picture of so & so on it.  It's silly.  Eat, drink, & be healthy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page