I personally eat eggs, but I won't eat factory farmed eggs. There are a couple of local farms near me that carry nice eggs, so if I want to eat them I will buy them from one of those farms. Here's one of my egg recipes:
Mixed Vegetable Souffles
*Extra virgin olive oil, misted
*6 large eggs, separated; egg whites beaten until tall and fluffy
*1 cup roughly chopped zucchini
*1 carrot, sliced
*1/2 package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
*1 jarred roasted red pepper, sliced
*2/3 cup frozen peas
*1 cup broccoli florets
*3/4 cup 2% milk
*3 tbsp. goat cheese
*1/4 shaved Parmesan cheese
*1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
*Salt, pepper, and roughly chopped fresh rosemary to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Prepare all ingredients (chopping vegetables, separating eggs, etc.) and set aside.
3. Mist a large pot with extra virgin olive oil and heat.
4. Add vegetables-excluding spinach-and cook until soft. Drain if necessary. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary, and turn down heat to low.
5. In a separate pot, heat milk over a low heat. Slowly add in goat cheese and Parmesan and stir until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour cream sauce over vegetables. Turn off heat.
7. Mix egg yolks into cooled vegetable and cream sauce mixture. Make sure the vegetables are cooled enough; if the vegetables and sauce are too hot, then the egg yolks will scramble.
8. Slowly and gently fold in the egg whites. The entire mixture should appear light and fluffy.
9. Pour entire mixture into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle crumbled feta over the top.
10. Bake for 25 minutes, or until top is brown.
11. Serve and enjoy! Makes 4 generous servings.
It's good for dinner or breakfast the next morning if you have leftovers!!
"You know I'm a radical."