Please allow me to introduce myself. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-19-2011, 06:42 PM

Hello. My name is Mark and I am 17 years young. I reside in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. I am clearly new to the Veggieboards, but I am very familiar with forums. I started posting on them when I was 10 years old and now have about 34 thousand posts across IGN.com HFboards and others. Although I have only posted a few hundred this year and my posting has decreased significantly, I hope this can be my new home.

This past summer I went down to Haiti for a week for a relief mission and to make a very long story short, it changed my life. Who would have thought it would make me a vegetarian? It opened my eyes to common things that have become far too "normal." I consider myself to be a thinking person, like most of you are. I am aware of my surroundings, and I care. That is why I can no longer eat meat.

From the day I watched Earthlings I knew what needed to be done. It was only a matter of executing it. I've never really eaten well. My mom was always a challenge for me and made this very hard. She is the lazy type and fast food is a regular. She considers microwaving a tv dinner to be a strenuous activity and so that is basically as good as it gets. Many times I tried to go cold turkey and cut it off but my ignorant mother refused to support me. Not because she was opposed to it, but just that she didn't really feel like I was serious. One day I even showed her Earthlings and she turned it off after 10 minutes and claimed I was "sick." She just didn't understand. I feel like me and my mother are exact opposites of each other and have fundamental in everything we do and how we approach things, but that could be just me being a teenager.

March 9th 2011 was Ash Wednesday. A.K.A. the first day of me being a vegetarian. I knew that if I cited religious reasons as why I wanted to attempt this, she would fully support it and encourage me. So far so good. She has been buying me meat-free foods, but still not that healthy.

So it's been 10 days. I feel better about myself, and I don't notice anything different health wise. But even if there was anything different, I probably wouldn't know anyways.

So that's my story. You are the exact same person that you are before you started reading it, minus 3 or 4 minutes. I hope to see you around.

Attachment 14849
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello Mark and welcome to the forums!
#3 Old 03-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello and welcome.

Vegetarian since February 12, 2007
Vegan since October 7, 2008

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Hello and Welcome!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#5 Old 03-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome aboard Great to see you here!

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
the Kopp of a bekloppt Person
to give a better Gefühl!!
#6 Old 03-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Welcome, Mark and "the boards" are an excellent place for support/advice.

Proud Air Force Mom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page