Why? Why the comments? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 05-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippy View Post

I was asked what colour Vegan poo was.

Rainbow colored with sparkles.

I actually had that conversation with the family a while back. "Oh, one more thing, my poo doesn't stink anymore. No seriously, it's not that rank smell anymore, it's mellow." We all had a good laugh and I don't think they fully believe me, but it's true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I usually take comments about veg*nism as serious statements and use them as an opportunity to explain about animal agriculture and my reasons for not eating animals. So they're either going to learn something, or stop asking or making comments because they don't really want to hear

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#33 Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Most people feel threatened by veg*anism. I have not met a lot of people who truly want to learn and change their ways. Most that I have encountered just don't really want to hear it. They will ask once they find out I'm vegan but it's usually to tell me it's too hard and they could never do it. I've been told outright that "I don't care how they die b/c they taste good."

Atame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

The Most insane thing I heard was told by many people the last few months that living Vegeterian and Vegan is costly and high priced. ROTF!!! Omni's meals are more then fruits and veggies and salads and plants base items to eat.
#35 Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, people are dumb My grocery bill is much cheaper and the food I buy is healthier.
#36 Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

The Most insane thing I heard was told by many people the last few months that living Vegeterian and Vegan is costly and high priced. ROTF!!! Omni's meals are more then fruits and veggies and salads and plants base items to eat.

TOTALLY AGREE!

i know where this stupid thought process comes from (or at least have a hunch).. remember back to your omni days (supressing a shudder) all the produce that was tossed for going bad? THAT is expensive! Making food to toss cause you wont or dont eat left overs is expensive, lol

What they don't get is that it is WAY cheaper sicne we aren't buying cheap produce to scrounge up for that hunk of flesh that cost 5.49 per LB. WE are spending a bit more on produce that we do our darndest to eat all of AND pay a bit more for the fresh stuff! and im pretty durn sure that most produce falls well below the 5.49 per lb (american). so CHEAP(er)! =)

I have found that i now go to the store and spend "less" and get "more" and i am actually eating much more of the produce i was already buying (for the birds) and not wasting money on flesh and fats and garbage!

http://haylieskitchen.blogspot.com/ (married to an omni so cooking from both spectrums)
#37 Old 05-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellye View Post

I usually just laugh at them or crack a joke myself. That kind of behavior almost always stems from insecurity - they're subconsciously trying to get you to lash out so they can write you (and your philosophies) off as unreasonable. Just be reasonable - they'll be shaking in their boots.

Bwahaha!
#38 Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 AM

It's because vegetarians frighten people.

If intelligent people make the conscious decision to abjure from meat, then there has to be a good reason. People like to live life and eat meat without thinking about it, but when you appear, they are forced to think about it. And as far as I'm concerned, as soon as they get to the conclusion that their steak used to be a living creature capable of feeling pain or emanating emotion, they will not be able to live so ignorant. And ignorance is bliss, after all.

It's also why they like to confront vegetarians. On numerous occasions, I have been approached by a meat eater who tried a quick compromise, like "Well, I guess everyone should live as they want... can't really do much by avoiding meat, anyway." And then they try to walk away so that they can rationalize their argument as an unchallengable statement, a blank check to continue eating meat, and keep their conscience clean. You must never let them walk away until they see that there is absolutely nothing they can say against you.

So yeah. Vegetarians are actually a big thorn in people's conscience. It's like a very fat person lying on the couch, eating doughnuts. Then a tall, athletic individual walks by on their way to the swimming pool. The athletic person would remind the fat person that they are living a different, better life, and the fat person would have to think twice before stuffing the next doughnut in their face.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page