Low Fat Veggie Meals - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 PM
MJP

Hey,

Due to a blood defect I have to be very frugal with my lipid (fat) intake. My max should be 5 grams total in a day. What are some ideas on how to fill myself up and keeping my fat levels low? I have noticed that a lot of the "Made for Vegetarian" food has lots of fat in it. Clearly since this is the best diet for normal people, it has to be good for me as well. Just need help tailoring it to meet my health needs. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Check out www.fatfreevegan.com - its a great blog with MOSTLY fat free or low fat recipes.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#3 Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
MJP

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

love that site...spent a bunch of time on it this am, but you'll need to use this addy for it, as they are changing over to a new template....so use www.oldsite.fatfreevegan.com . The new site has some recipes on it, but the original has MANY more....the new site says to print any recipes you want, and not to bookmark them, as the links won't be any good once everything is moved.

Also Vegetarian Times cookbook Low fat and fast is a very good cookbook. http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Tim...4&sr=8-1-fkmr0

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#5 Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Fruit (skip the avo for you, I guess () and green leafy vegetables make up most of my meals. You'll be right at around 5% of calories from fat (and good fats, they are!) from the greens and fruit. No worries about oils or 50% fat soy products, etc.
#6 Old 02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
MJP

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help and advice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page