A little bit of help please [new hungry vegetarian in SA] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 PM

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum, but have been reading it for the last couple of days and am truly inspired by all of you.

I have been vegetarian for a month now, and my last hurdle is to cut out dairy! That in itself is not really the problem, and i think i will manage.

The problem is, and i know this is a common question - is that i really am hungry ALL the time and i do think i'm eating enough. Yesterday, i had a huge salad with aduki beans, and half an hour later i was starving. Fruit doesn't seem to fill me up, neither does snacking on vegetables - i don't feel satisfied either.

I live in South Africa, so a lot of the brands mentioned here are not available.

Any advise - i would really appreciate it

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Banned

hi everyone.. i love vegetables,,i am fat and i want to be a vegetarian..but i cant control not eat meats..help me to find a solution in my problems
#3 Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Do you have access to more carbohydrates like rice, bread, potatoes, starchy root vegetables? These will give you longer lasting energy than the simple sugars found in fruits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Grains, and concentrated proteins (beans, tofu, seitan, etc...)

Nec Aspera Terrent
#5 Old 11-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned

Just like everyone has already said the trick is simply to eat more beans, potatoes, nuts, seeds etc.

You may also want to consider meal planning. Meal planning is where you sit down and plan exactly what you are going to eat for each meal for an entire week. Here is an example:

http://www.nbez.biz/mp/Vegan%20Meal%...20calories.pdf

Once you write down everything you plan on eating for a week, you can be sure to have all of the right ingredients at hand and be sure you are getting the right balance of nutrition for the week.
#6 Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 AM

Are you eating enough foods with fat in them? I know I can eat tons of food and not feel satisfied if I haven't had enough fat that day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page