new vegan. stomach cramps. diet related or no? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

i've been vegan for a little over a week. ten days to be exact. i'm feeling great other than these pretty painful stomach cramps i've been having for the past couple days. i did a quick search to see if this is a usual symptom of new vegan detox, but i couldn't find any info. i'm just wondering if this is diet related and i can expect it to go away soon or if i should maybe go to the doc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-09-2009, 12:56 PM

First off, what's a normal day's diet for you? What are you eating and how often?

It might not be something serious though because I remember when I used to fast I would get cramps going vegan and then they would stop and then the same thing would happen again going back on an omni diet after the fast.
#3 Old 10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iishers View Post

First off, what's a normal day's diet for you? What are you eating and how often?

It might not be something serious though because I remember when I used to fast I would get cramps going vegan and then they would stop and then the same thing would happen again going back on an omni diet after the fast.

i'm not too worried about it yet, but i thought i'd ask anyway.

what i usually eat in a day is:

breakfast- coffee & a piece of fruit

lunch- a lara bar or a sandwich (usually pb&j or pb&banana)

dinner- vegan pizza, rice & beans, chicken-free nuggets, potatoes in various forms, or some new recipe i'm trying

snacks- salsa & chips, vegan ice cream, trail mix w/ nuts & dried fruit, or a lara bar

and i try to drink around 3 liters of water every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

For me personally, Larabars would cause stomach upset as fruit and nuts don't combine well.

Also, "chicken-free nuggets" probably have soy, as does vegan ice cream unless you're getting oat, rice, hemp, or coconut varieties. It might be too much soy, dried fruit, and nuts.

can you do fresh fruit only and cut back on soy for a bit?
#5 Old 10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

For me personally, Larabars would cause stomach upset as fruit and nuts don't combine well.

Also, "chicken-free nuggets" probably have soy, as does vegan ice cream unless you're getting oat, rice, hemp, or coconut varieties. It might be too much soy, dried fruit, and nuts.

can you do fresh fruit only and cut back on soy for a bit?

sure. it would probably be healthier anyway. :]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page