Wow, What a Change! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 PM

I've been vegetarian over a month now, well Lacto-ovo vegetarian and the first reason I became vegetarian was because of health reasons except eggs and cheese. But now, I look at meat and chicken and fishes and I have a picture in my mind how they are being killed, I feel sad and angry, I love animals. My husband tries not to eat in front of me because he knows how I feel, he's been very supportive.

Then this:

I cant be Lacto-ovo cause now eggs and cheese are getting me sick and i dont drink milk at all cause i know it would kill me. Soo, I am just vegetarian now(w/out dairy products and eggs)..

Oh and I need more buddies for support besides my husband lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

You came to the right place for support. Everyone here is really supportive and helpful.
#3 Old 08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome! I by no means want to convince you to start eating dairy and eggs again, but what do you mean when you say that they were making you sick? Physically sick or just disgusted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Welcome! I by no means want to convince you to start eating dairy and eggs again, but what do you mean when you say that they were making you sick? Physically sick or just disgusted?

I too am curious. I am vegan, so don't get me wrong I would never suggest you start eating eggs and dairy again.
#5 Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 PM

I'm also curious. When you say milk will kill you, do you mean you have an allergy or that it's so bad it kills you?
#6 Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Congrats on making one of the best decisions in your life! It would be helpful to know more about how your body/mind are reacting to dairy but in the meantime, suggest you drink lots of water and try to eat mostly whole foods.
#7 Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 AM

Dairy products and eggs gets me alil sick, physically, especailly milk. If I drink milk alone, I get this bad pain in my stomach and i have to go to the bathroom to throw and other stuff.. lol.
#8 Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Have you always reacted to milk like that? It sounds quite weird if it started when you cut out meat.

But anyhow, if it disgustes you - don't eat it.
#9 Old 09-02-2009, 03:20 PM

So you're a vegan then or strictly vegetarian

there's some people who are like illergic to milk and don't eat much eggs then go vegetarian so they're essential vegan though it's not really the intention. same for some vegetarian raised people.

i ate meat every day. thought it was a lot to give it up and thought it was a reasonable thing. i'm a Christian, and i was thinking "it's ok since i'm christian, we're carnivores (i meant meat eaters) but nowadays i know there's a lot of christian vegetarians and discovered religious reasons to be vegetarian. though originally it was just because of moral conviction from what i'd seen or read.

hope you keep your decision to be vegetarian, but if you do slip don't worry. even naiomi watts had a hamburger after 16 years
#10 Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

It's been about two months that I've been learning to cook and eat without meat. I didn't initially think I'd entirely give up meat. I have two teen boys who don't want to, and really thought I'd be okay with occassionally having free range meat. After the first month, I bought free range beef. I stood in front of the counter and just felt quesy, but I got it anyway. When I made it, the boys really liked it, so I had a bite. I won't say it tasted bad-I actually "knew" it was better than reg. beef-but I did not want it. I spit it out, and my stomach just kept turning.

I now know I will not, should not, eat meat of any kind. That experience got me to realize that's how I felt every day before I gave it up, not that intense, but like sickly.

Pretty great that going veg. has changed not just how I feel physically, but emotionally. I have energy, motivation, and a more positive outlook than ever before. Oh yeah, I've lost 20 lbs. and my cholestrol levels are excellent! Easy to forget that was my original intent, because it more of a side effect.

If I told people a pill did this for me, they'd be all over it. Tell them giving up dead animal flesh did it, and they need more proof.

Average is so weird.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#11 Old 09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

I too find myself experiencing reations to certain foods I never felt before. I credit that to now having a clean body, like if you tasting foods, or wine you need to clean your palate beween tastes. When my system was so full of junk, I couldn't tell what in particular caused a reaction, because there was too much "stuff" my digestion was dealing with. Now I also realize that dairy caused most of my sinus problems. Giving that up entirely, and daily nasal irrigation, has eliminated those problems.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#12 Old 09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the VeggieBoards!
#13 Old 09-04-2009, 02:22 PM

Nanni88, if you think that giving up eggs & diary are making you sick then yo should cut them out as soon as possible. There are subtitutes for them stha souldn't be hard to get in a supermarket.
#14 Old 09-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Beginner

Congrats and welcome to VB!
#15 Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 AM

Congrats and Welcome

Have a Hippie Labor Day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page