Any musicians out there? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Beginner

I was wondering who here plays a musical instrument/sings either as a hobby or as a career of sorts.

I play the oboe and piano (but I'm not very good) and I am going to a fine arts boarding high school studying oboe at the moment. Music is my passion, and I do want to play professionally as an adult
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I play guitar & I want to be in a band, I have an Epiphone electric guitar, and my first guitar which was really cheap one, a green acoustic guitar, electric keyboard, tambourine, 2 harmonicas, didgeridoo, recorder and a cheap bongo I accidently broke.

It would be awseome to be a famous musician, If I form a band I want the band name to be Purple Water, we'd mainly play psychedelic rock, prog rock and blues.
#3 Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I am a professional violinist/violin instructor. I play acoustic and electric violin. You can hear soundfiles at my site: www.cyndeeleerule.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I play E-Bass (only as hobby)
#5 Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Beginner

I played flute for years and currently play (electric)bass. Right now I've got an arsenal of pedals and a purple Fender Jazz Bass running through a Markbass Mini CMD 121P. Beautiful sound for a combo, couldn't be happier.
#6 Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Guitar, keyboard (strongly favoring organ), and any other instruments I can get my hands on. I'll be getting a drum kit soon.
#7 Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 AM

squeeze box

guitar a bit

violin a bit

piano a bit

#8 Old 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM

I've played guitar for almost a year and a half. Both acoustic and electric
#9 Old 10-09-2008, 08:52 AM

<< That's what I play. Plus a bit of guitar and mandolin.
#10 Old 10-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I've played guitar for about 23 years, man I hate the sound of that, damn I'm getting old. Anyhow, I've owned a lot of guitars over the years but now own two Fender Strats and a Gibson Nighthawk. I'm primarily a lead guitarist and love to improv for hours. I play anything from jazz to metal, but my own natural style has developed into a jazz/blues fusion kind of thing. I've also played bass and owned several over the years. I also know my way around a drum kit a little bit and can play some songs on keyboard, but I'm not proficient on either of those instruments. I used to play guitar in bands semi-professionally (meaning I got paid to play in clubs but never made enough to quit my day job), but haven't for a long time. I still play but most of my creative energy these days goes into photography.

Vegetarian since February 12, 2007
Vegan since October 7, 2008

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#11 Old 10-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I play guitar and I do a lot of vocals. I'm in Concert Choir, Women's Choir and Swing Choir at my school, and I take private lessons.
#12 Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 PM

I play the saxophone and the piano as a hobby. I'm not too good though...
#13 Old 10-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Beginner

I am grade 5 piano and hope to take up singing or guitar.
#14 Old 10-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Guitar here.
#15 Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post

I play the saxophone

The sax is very cool instrument.

Vegetarian since February 12, 2007
Vegan since October 7, 2008

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#16 Old 10-13-2008, 12:38 PM

, I love my sax, but I haven't played it in a while... I started taking piano lessons and grew away from it
#17 Old 10-19-2008, 06:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to play guitar and bass semi-professionally in a number of punk and psychedelic rock bands. I now dabble with the ukulele, very badly.
#18 Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Three words: VB The Musical

"Ashes to ashes, funk to funky, we know major tom's a junkie, and he's buying a stairway to knocking on heaven's door"
#19 Old 10-19-2008, 07:29 AM

"The Rocky horror Chocolate Factory"

#20 Old 10-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Willy Wonka was ill

The day the earth stood still

But he told us where we stand

And Flash Gordon was there

Eating chocolate eclair

Oompaloompa was the invisible man

Then something went wrong

Charlie and his grandpa

They got caught in a cage with a fan

Then at a deadly pace

He burped off this face

And this is how the message ran...
#21 Old 10-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been playing piano/keboard for 16 years. I got up to grade 8 before I stopped taking lessons and just play on my own. I compose as well, but not professionally. I also play sax.
#22 Old 10-30-2008, 06:55 PM

I play french horn and acoustic guitar. I'm in talented music at my school, where I'm getting free guitar lessons. I've been playing french horn for four years or so. I started playing guitar during spring break of last school year.

I also sing. I made district choir last school year. I really want to go to a creative arts high school, but the closest one is all the way across the state. I want to go really bad though.
#23 Old 11-24-2008, 05:40 PM

I play Electric Bass!!!
#24 Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone here play psychedelic rock?
#25 Old 11-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusKelpilot View Post

I would have to say that my organ playing would definitely qualify as such. Influenced by the likes of Ray Manzarek, Alan Price, etc. And of course bebop pianists like McCoy Tyner (there would be no "psychedelic" without jazz, as odd as saying so might sound).
#26 Old 11-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

I would have to say that my organ playing would definitely qualify as such. Influenced by the likes of Ray Manzarek, Alan Price, etc. And of course bebop pianists like McCoy Tyner (there would be no "psychedelic" without jazz, as odd as saying so might sound).

My guitar playing is based on psychedelic rock and sounds like blues sometimes, because there are alot of blues in psychedelic rock.

I use a guitar effects pedal for my electric guitar to make it sound more psychedelic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

(there would be no "psychedelic" without jazz, as odd as saying so might sound).

It's doesn't sound odd at all, I thought it was common sense.
#27 Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusKelpilot View Post

I used to. Influenced by bands like Hawkwind, Gong, Monster Magnet. I don't play much anymore.
#28 Old 12-09-2008, 06:15 AM
Beginner

I have just decided that I'm going to learn how to play e-bass.

I want to be a professional bass-player some day! That would be cool.

I took acoustic guitar lessons for about six months two years ago or so and all i've learned were a couple of chords. God, I hate the acoustic guitar. I want an electric one. And I would have loved, if I could play guitar more professional, but I don't and here I am. Bass is so much cooler. Dum, dum, dum. (:

The thing where I'm an unofficial professional in is singing. I've sung in several choirs for about 11 years (started at the age of six) and then found a band, but at the moment I'm so damn unmotivated. Our bassist just left and a new one was found, but told me yesterday that he doesnt want to learn all our stuff, so I'm pretty depressed because of that.

However. Wanna start my own band. Wanna call it "Anorexic Sheep" or something like that. That would be cool. Oh, and I'm also writing lyrics on my own.

Everything is fine.. /:
#29 Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFreddy'sCat View Post

I used to. Influenced by bands like Hawkwind, Gong, Monster Magnet. I don't play much anymore.

I listen to alot of psychedelia, but I haven't heard any of their stuff , my favourite band is Jefferson Airplane, and psychedelic rock I've heard or listen to is: Jefferson Airplane, Fifty Foot Hose, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Country Joe and the Fish, Iron Butterfly, The Byrds, The Doors, Spirit, 13th Floor Elevators, The Animals, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Jimi Hendrix Experience and the Beatles.
#30 Old 12-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

My mom used to tell me that before I could speak I would sing. I love to sing, it puts me at peace and really helps me express emotion, as usually I can't, if the emotion is too intense. I like to play the guitar, but usually just acoustic. Bass is fun though. =] I love music!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page