Any R/C hobbyists/enthusiasts/newbies? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just skimming through Veggieboards again (it's been a few weeks to a month or so since I've been around) and I just got the whim to ask, is there anybody around on the forums who's into r/c cars (hobby-grade, of course, although one could talk about toys I suppose). I'm just a little bored and wanted to know. I myself am still technically a "newb" in many regards. I've been into the hobby for a few months. I have ONE hobby-grade electric R/C truck. It's a 1/18th scale RC18T from Team Associated. It's an all-wheel drive racing/stadium truck with full aftermarket support. I also plan on purchasing the new E-Revo from Traxxas (also an electric) sometime in October when I'll have enough money. I've only heard great things about it, and from what I've read in regards to specs, it seems to be a pretty good, solid truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a T-maxx. I am however new to the hobby.
#3 Old 08-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Old school here, but I am disappointed that most kits are now ready to run. I have a TC3, a Hornet, and a E-Maxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Veggie Regular

yea my nitro was ready to run. I have built my own electrics tho. My local hobby store suggested a ready to run for my first nitro since they are more complicated to build.
#5 Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah they are a little more intensive, especially when tuning the engine. I live on a lake so I've been thinking about buying a nice r/c boat to chase fishing people with.
#6 Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

A buddy of mine had a boat when we were in the Air Force. The boat was pretty cool I would never get one tho. If it dies in the middle of the lake id just leave it there instead of going after it
#7 Old 08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

or just get on the jet ski and go get it...
#8 Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Old school here, but I am disappointed that most kits are now ready to run. I have a TC3, a Hornet, and a E-Maxx

I looked into getting an E-Maxx originally. I really liked the setup and rugged looks that it had, but I decided on the E-Revo because of advanced and toughened chassis design. However, when I get the E-Revo, I want to replace the Talon tires with stock E-Maxx tires, then I'm going to raise the ground clearance considerably and replace the shell with a more rugged truck style shell. I'm not too fond of the "racy" look of the E-Revo. So, I thought I'd get the best of both worlds: the rugged, monstrous look of an E-Maxx, with the innovation of an E-Revo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page