The Ultimate Tattoo Thread - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM

Here's one other. Time to take new pics anyway, I guess. That camera was pretty crappy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 11-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantKarma View Post

Here's a couple of mine.

This is on my right forearm:

I'll give a prize to anyone who knows what it says.

Left bicep:

I seem to be missing some pics, gonna have to search the HD...

OMG TOTORO! I absolutely love Totoro! That is a great tattoo!

I want to get a Sanskrit tattoo for one of my next ones, but unfortunately I have no idea what yours says.

Julie

"I remember the days when we talked for hours/And we were young, we thought we had superpowers/We weren't our problems, our age or our paychecks/And we weren't taking anybody's $h*t."
#63 Old 11-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^ it means "ahimsa" in sanscrit which translates to "non-violence". I want this tattoo, but I haven't decided where to put it yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 11-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegbunny83 View Post

I want to get a Sanskrit tattoo for one of my next ones, but unfortunately I have no idea what yours says.

This sentence has comical grammar. Like Ty Webb: "Me winning isn't. You do."

One of my copies of the dammapadda has the sanskrit on one page and the english on the other. I can't decide what verse(s) to get!

But if I has [sic] any stipend money left next month, I'm getting Granddad's WWII medals on my arm for my Christmas self-present.
#65 Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope this isn't too silly a question, but I was wondering... if I were to get a quote in a tattoo, do you need to say the name of who said the quote? or is ok to just have the quote and explain it's signifigance and who said it when asked?
#66 Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirpa1 View Post

is ok to just have the quote and explain it's signifigance and who said it when asked?

I've seen it both ways - it's an aesthetic preference in most cases, right? Just go with what looks good/feels good! I have a Sartre quote on my forearm and a bit of Dante on the other forearm, but not "citations"
#67 Old 11-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Steele View Post

I've seen it both ways - it's an aesthetic preference in most cases, right? Just go with what looks good/feels good! I have a Sartre quote on my forearm and a bit of Dante on the other forearm, but not "citations"

Ah yea... what do yours say?

I havent ever thought of getting words tattoo'd, but I love good quotes. I always memorize really good ones so I can use them, so I think a quote would be nice. Right now I have two jelly beans (one beans is for me, and the other my best friend on the other side of the world) and then I have an A with hearts on either side... It covers up something I did when I was younger... ha ha
#68 Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Jelly Beans

Sartre: "Celui qui n'a rien fait n'est personne" (He who has done nothing is nobody)

Dante: "La lor cieca vida" (Their blind life") and to be added, as soon as the wallet allows:

Per entro i mie' disiri

che ti menavano ad amar lo bene

di lÃ* dal qual non è a che s'aspiri

quai fossi attraversati o quai catene

trovasti per che del passare innanzi

dovessiti così spogliar la spene?

E quali agevolezze o quali avanzi

ne la fronte de li altri si mostraro,

per che dovessi lor passeggiare anzi?

In the desire for me

that was directing you to love the Good

beyond which there's no thing to draw our longing,

what chains were strung, what ditches dug across

your path that, once you'd come upon them, caused

your loss of any hope of moving forward?

What benefits and what allurements were

so evident upon the brow of others

that you had need to promenade before them?

(also Dante. Purgatorio, canto 31)
#69 Old 11-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Nice...

The bottom one will definately cost a bit of $. I really like the "he who has done nothing is nobody"

I think I want a short catchy one... or two...
#70 Old 11-05-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantKarma View Post

Here's a couple of mine.

Left bicep:

I JUST watched Totoro last night. I'm not even kidding. I love that!

I'll have to try and find the pictures I have of my tattoo.. but for now: I have a band around my left ankle of Plumeria flowers all but one are orange and yellow, the other one on the outside of my ankle is blue. i love it.

EDIT::: Found it!
#71 Old 11-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirpa1 View Post

I hope this isn't too silly a question, but I was wondering... if I were to get a quote in a tattoo, do you need to say the name of who said the quote? or is ok to just have the quote and explain it's signifigance and who said it when asked?

It's your body to do with as you please; copyrights don't apply. The one I have spiraling up my left arm says, "There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night." It's a quote from my favorite Grateful Dead song.

Attachment 13422

Attachment 13421

What surprised me was how often I would have to tell random people what it said, and more annoyingly, what it means. I'm glad people notice, and think it's cool or whatever, but having to explain it every single day gets a little old...

The one I'm getting (in a couple weeks, I hope! gotta get the $$ together, and I just paid a crapload of bills.... Tattoos are ****ing expensive!) will be the Dr. Seuss quote in my sig, spiraling up my right arm.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#72 Old 11-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey, I was just wondering (especially for the UK guys), what do you do about the ink and the potential for animal products in it? This is something I'm questioning at the moment as I'm wanting a tattoo

Cheers!

pirate x
#73 Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemoon View Post

Hey, I was just wondering (especially for the UK guys), what do you do about the ink and the potential for animal products in it? This is something I'm questioning at the moment as I'm wanting a tattoo

Cheers!

pirate x

You just have to find someone who uses vegan ink.

I think the glycerin is what can contain the animal products.

Next tattoos I get I will get vegan.
#74 Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

and lots of blacks are made from bone...they use to be called bone black
#75 Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

This is my newest... it's 2 yrs old now... about time for another!
LL
#76 Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm getting my very first tattoo on Sunday! It's going to be "ahimsa" in Sanskrit in the center of my upper back. I made sure the ink is vegan, and the artist said she has it but not in black, so I'm getting it in dark blue. I'm so excited!!!
#77 Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 PM

Congrats!
#78 Old 11-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I would show my newiest but it is a poc! It was done by someone that I was helping out with a place for a bit. It is very uguly. It looks like a five year old drew it. I need to get it covered up or taken off. I hate it. A star on my chest that makes me feel like saying "I am the sherif in these here parts". At least I can joke about it.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#79 Old 11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

[attachment=7718:Snapshot_20081123_1.jpg]

Here it is...it's a week old so it's starting to flake off and look gross, but I love it!
LL
#80 Old 11-24-2008, 02:28 AM

Awwwwwwwwwwwsome.
#81 Old 11-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a tattoo of a horse rearing on my hip. I'll put a pic up someday, if I remember
#82 Old 12-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I have 2 tattoos and 11 piercings.

I'm thinking about taking the leap... I've been contemplating short sleeves for a LONG time now, like really long time. I think I'm ready

OOOR, a back piece. I've already got a tattoo on my back though, and wouldn't want to clutter it up.
#83 Old 12-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Veggie Regular

This thread reminds me how I haven't been inked in a while! Over a year even, imagine that!!

I'm still throwing around the idea of having

inscribed on myself somewhere. I was thinking either on my foot ((cliche!!)) or the web of my right hand ((badass)) ..coloured in black and red, to match most of my other tats which are dicromatic to that scheme.

Maybe Santa will fund for some ink this holiday season, hah.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#84 Old 12-16-2008, 06:32 AM

I need to finish my sidepiece! I only have a couple hours left on it, and at least half of that is paid for. (Took my tattooist to see Tom Waits in concert.)

Rib tattoos friggin' HURT, though.

ETA: Linky Not completely unsafe for work.
#85 Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 AM

We have a friend who is an amazing tattoo artist that I'm wanting to do my next one. I'm planning on getting one of a girl that will encompass my favorite things and just me in general. So far I've come up with her being a street punk girl with an eye patch (I've been obsessed with pirates since I was 5 and already have a jolly Roger tattoo on my hip), reading a bible and when people look more closely they'll see ages wearing a cross necklace. The only thing I can't figure out is how to incorporate my veganism/abumal rights activism into the piece. Any ideas?

I'm also wanting to get a short sleeve soon but haven't decided what I want yet. That will leave me with 4, because right now I have a star on my right boob (couldn't decide what to call my chest so I just called it what it is lol) and the jolly Roger skill on my hip
#86 Old 01-10-2009, 12:46 PM

Here's a very bad pic of mine ... it's on my foot. I figure that's the one place on the female body guaranteed NOT to sag, lol
LL
#87 Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 PM

I'd been wanting a tattoo for years and finally got one shortly before my 18th, when my friend told me that after much pestering on his part, a tattoo studio in our town had ordered vegan ink.

Mine's only a small one, I'm very pleased with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../IMG000041.jpg

Not a fantastic picture, but photographing the back of your neck with a webcam built into your laptop isn't the easiest thing to do!

I see more tattoos in my future
#88 Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeatMary View Post

This is my newest... it's 2 yrs old now... about time for another!

This is absolutely beautiful! I love it! Okay, well the picture didn't go into the quote. I meant the Koi piece that nomeatmary had.
#89 Old 01-20-2009, 01:31 PM

I have two, which I had done in quick succession

To show my two main loves =]

^ not a great pic, I took it right after it was done.

#90 Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 PM

all of your tatoos look awesome....one quick question....how badly does it hurt? I have a high pain tolerance...but am just curious...

peace love and good karma

jenn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page