Paint By Number mural - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-10-2005, 02:35 PM

Our local Arts Council contacted me and asked me if I would do a paint by number mural for our upcoming Wine & Art Festival.....something that kids could paint and could be displayed at other festivals in the future.

Like an idiot, I said yes. LOL.

I have a rough sketch worked out...a collage of our county, with the lake and mountains in the background and the foreground items representing the things you can see and do here (we are a tourist haven, huge lake and big ski resort, tons of hiking, camping, wildlife, etc.). Now I have to make a grid to get the sketch from 8x10 inches to 5x7 feet....paint in the background because it requires extensive shading....add in the foreground items in white....figure out the colors for them and number each area so the kids can paint them in. Oy Vay.

In the end, this will be a good thing because I will probably get some more commission work out of it......but it's become a major undertaking!

Does anyone else paint murals?? Or anything?? Any other artists out there??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

i have a friend who works on the philadelphia mural project. she's worked on a number of 'paint by number' murals for kids across the city. I'll try to get her information.

otherwise, google the philadelphia mural project. i'm sure they'd be happy to help you out!
#3 Old 08-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

My husband is an awesome muralist. AND he works with kids. They do some really cool stuff. I can try to upload some things......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page