Mitch had to teach me! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-03-2005, 07:35 PM

I was talking to my mom, when we talked, but we don't talk anymore, but

that is another story. Anyway, she was knitting a scarf, she was trying to

encourage me to start knitting, so I called a local shop, where they teach

knitting, it's called Bo Weaver, they were charging $100.00 to teach knitting,

and it was some sort of a knitted hat. I'm a very thrifty person, and thought that, that was overpriced. But, I was really inspired, and wanted to learn. I don't know how to crochet either. So, when Mitch came home from work, I asked him, "do you know how to crochet, or knit"? He said, "yes, I know how to crochet". Mitch is an auto technician, so I was quite surprised, that he knew how to crochet! But, it ended up, that Mitch taught me how to crochet. We started off by crocheting granny squares. But there is a problem! I need him planted right by my side, every time I crochet, because I don't know how to read crochet instructions. Not only did he teach me how to crochet, but both of us together learned how to knit. I've knited approximately 4 scarfs. The next thing I want to crochet is another afghan. But, I'll have to have Mitch right beside me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-06-2005, 12:38 PM

Its great that you're learning to crochet. Congrats on your scarves. I already knit and I want to learn to crochet eventually. Is it easier or harder than knitting? It seems really strange that your LYS charges 100 dollars for only one class. Mine charges 20 bucks for two four hour classes. If you want to take some classes to learn all of the pretty stuff that's a little more advanced, try going to a craft store like Micheals (if you have one). They offer classes at very cheap prices.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page