EnviroTex (and its evils) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

This should go in the Arts and Crafts Foum, but there isn't one.

Last night I sealed shopping lists that I and my coworkers have been collecting onto my table top using a product called EnviroTex.

Warning: Do not seal paper with EnviroTex unless you've sealed it with something else first! I've ruined my project and around 100 shopping lists!

Picture of Dead Shopping Lists

The only warning on the bottle is "If you are working with thin paper, then avoid blotching by sealing first with the white glue solution Make sure glue is thoroughly dry before coating with Envirotex Lite." I read that before I used it, but I didn't know what "blotching" was, nor did I think I was using paper that qualified as "thin." Now I know that when they say "thin paper" they in fact mean "any paper."

EnviroTex can expect an upset email later today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

That's such a shame, Mikie. It was a really cool idea.
#3 Old 02-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsy View Post

That's such a shame, Mikie. It was a really cool idea.

It still is a cool idea! The idea itself did not die!

I'm just going to start collecting again, and try sealing them somehow before I EnviroTex them this time. The reason I didn't seal them the first time is because they wrinkled, like wet paper on glue does, so I thought it would be better if I didn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-15-2005, 04:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I've sealed paper collage with varnish (stuff used for wood) with mixed results. Hair lacquer works with some paper but isn't as tough. Let us know the solution.
#5 Old 02-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I have no idea what envirotex is, but transparent sticky back plastic would work on a table top.
#6 Old 02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh no Mikie! You worked on that for so long.

I actually think it could have still been cool if all fo the lists got kind of tissue-papery looking and showed through but with it being "wet" looking in some places and dry in others it didn't look too good.

Sorry to see that. I hate when stuf doesn't work out and I wish I had my time back.
#7 Old 02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

It shouldn't be too long before I'm working on it again. I have nearly my whole department looking for shopping lists at work, these days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page