Apparently hobby is not a hobby at all. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naturebound

#1 Old 05-12-2016, 06:30 AM

Apparently hobby is not a hobby at all.

Have you ever thought about your hobby? I mean whether hobby that you call by word "hobby" is your real hobby. Previously I thought that my hobby is reading or swimming, but I just do it because I need to kill my free time, but I don't like it. I discovered a few month ago that I am good at playing musical instrument that I quit 8 years ago. When I took fiddle bow for the second time after a long break, I understood that it is my cup of tea. I like it. What do you think? Hobby is something we do when we have free from work or studies time or this is something we do when the soul calls for it? hah?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it is something you enjoy doing and look forward to. My hobbies have changed over time. I like to cycle, and bird watch, and write poetry. I go through periods where I really get into dancing, or studying about birds and so on. And then I lose interest or find something else for a while, or I get too busy. But later I might come back to it. Bird watching is a completely unnecessary activity, but I do it because I find joy in watching their antics and identifying new ones. I am also very good at dancing, and at one time considered making a career out of it, but when I studied and focused on a career in dance, I lost that joy and freedom I felt when it was just for fun. When I do it on my own terms, it is far more enjoyable.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 05-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. Long View Post
Have you ever thought about your hobby? I mean whether hobby that you call by word "hobby" is your real hobby. Previously I thought that my hobby is reading or swimming, but I just do it because I need to kill my free time, but I don't like it. I discovered a few month ago that I am good at playing musical instrument that I quit 8 years ago. When I took fiddle bow for the second time after a long break, I understood that it is my cup of tea. I like it. What do you think? Hobby is something we do when we have free from work or studies time or this is something we do when the soul calls for it? hah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I think it is something you enjoy doing and look forward to. My hobbies have changed over time. I like to cycle, and bird watch, and write poetry. I go through periods where I really get into dancing, or studying about birds and so on. And then I lose interest or find something else for a while, or I get too busy. But later I might come back to it. Bird watching is a completely unnecessary activity, but I do it because I find joy in watching their antics and identifying new ones. I am also very good at dancing, and at one time considered making a career out of it, but when I studied and focused on a career in dance, I lost that joy and freedom I felt when it was just for fun. When I do it on my own terms, it is far more enjoyable.
If hobby is something you do it your free time, my hobbies are dishes, laundry, and sleep! Haha. I think it is definitely something that you like. That's awesome that you fell in love with music again!! I love playing the piano.

Nature bound I agree, mine have changed a bit too. I am actually in the process of making a career out of my hobbies by way of blogging, youtube, etc... but I can still do it my own way so that I don't lose the fun of it!!! Still on my own terms, ya know? But I could see how dancing professionally would be more stressful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Embracer of the Veggies

I have a few rotating hobbies with a few constant ones. I love to read (that is the constant one). I crochet, loom knit, sew, quilt, and garden. I make hair products and skin products. I change according to how I feel. Reading seems to be the only one that I can't go a day without.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page