VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Hobbies, Arts, and Crafts (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/56-hobbies-arts-crafts/)
-   -   Favorite Podcasts? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/56-hobbies-arts-crafts/202993-favorite-podcasts.html)

littestvegan 02-16-2016 09:04 AM

Favorite Podcasts?

I wanna know what your favorite podcasts are.
Here's a list of mine:
1. The Read
2. ***** Media
3. Star Talk
4. Stuff Mom Never Told You
5. All The Books
6. Black Girls Talking

Let me know yours maybe you'll introduce me to something new!

no whey jose 02-16-2016 09:23 AM

Radiolab is my all time forever-favourite. It's a beautifully edited science and philosophy podcast which takes very complicated ideas and makes them accessible and entertaining. I suggest going back through the archives on their website (radiolab.org) and choosing some of the earlier episodes. "Who Am I,"."Time," and "The Good Show" are incredible.

Storycollider is hit or miss, but some of the stories are really good. My favourite is the one by Jon Ronson on interviewing the "world's most sentient robot," Bina48.

This American Life and Serial are also amazing!

tfvc.org 02-18-2016 07:54 PM

I watch twit.tv on my roku/interwebs pretty much all day, after that startalk, and sometimes nerdest. I can't listen, must watch.

Mojo 02-18-2016 10:10 PM

I like the funny stuff...

- The Dana Gould Hour
- WTF with Marc Maron

Dan Bukowski 03-18-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no whey jose (Post 3912337)
Radiolab is my all time forever-favourite. It's a beautifully edited science and philosophy podcast which takes very complicated ideas and makes them accessible and entertaining. I suggest going back through the archives on their website (radiolab.org) and choosing some of the earlier episodes. "Who Am I,"."Time," and "The Good Show" are incredible.

Storycollider is hit or miss, but some of the stories are really good. My favourite is the one by Jon Ronson on interviewing the "world's most sentient robot," Bina48.

This American Life and Serial are also amazing!

Big ups to Radiolab, TAL and Serial from me as well!!!!:)

EvilCartman 03-18-2016 01:25 PM

Go Vegan Radio with Bob Linden.
Great podcast with lots of good info.

Marie86 03-26-2016 05:37 PM

Podcasts really help get me through my work day, music can be too distracting sometimes. My favourite is The Jillian Michaels show, good for information on health and wellness, plus I find it hilarious. Rooster teeth podcast is real easy listening, bunch of geeky guys mostly talking about whatever comes to mind. Got some great stories too. The most recent addition is Vegan warrior princesses attack. I tried out some vegan/vegetarian focused podcasts and this one I really enjoy. I think the structure and chemistry works well and one girl is quiet sweary, which I can relate too :)

LorriePaige 05-20-2016 03:03 PM

I have a lot of podcasts on my iPod. BTW, it's nice to know people listen to podcasts too and not just music.

My favorite podcasts are (in no particular order):

Mantra, Kirtan and Stotra: Sanskrit Chants
Awesome Etiquette
Modern Manners
Home Style Green
Heart & Soul
History of Philosophy in India