Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By warriormama
  • 1 Post By ToriannB
  • 1 Post By Smileyface3364

#1 Old 10-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Re-veganizing

Anyone Prepping for NaNoWriMo 2015?

I've been participating in NaNoWriMo on and off since 2005 -- well, more off than on, I'm sorry to say. The last year I completed was 2013. I need something creative to busy myself with while I finish recovering from spinal surgery. NaNo is the perfect opportunity.

There are a number of ideas I'm playing with, but perhaps this is an opportunity to write something vegan or animal rights related, (or at least featuring a vegan character or two). I've featured veg*ns in past projects, but not as lead characters.

Anyone else plan on participating in NaNo this year? Will you be writing veg*n/animal rights related stories or fiction? Are there any works of fiction you enjoyed reading?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Damn it feels good to be awake again.

(Love You, Remy)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-15-2015, 11:02 AM

I am! This will be the first time I try it out! From what I hear, 50,000 words in one month will be tough (but fun!). I have vague ideas about what I want to write about, but I know the story is going to just blow up in my face anyway so...
Is YOLO still hip?
YOLO
#3 Old 10-15-2015, 11:24 PM
Re-veganizing

Awesome! It is difficult, but worth it. At the very least, it'll get a project started! Best of luck! I hope you enjoy it. If you ever need a cheerleader, hit me up.
VeggieTalk likes this.

(Love You, Remy)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Beginner

This is something interesting. Im unemployed so i wud have plenty of time to do it. Im also weiting for my blog. Thanx for the post. This could be fun. Thought I admit the last time i tried writing a story it just became my journal lol
http://venusvegan.wordress.com
#5 Old 10-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Re-veganizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriannB View Post
This is something interesting. Im unemployed so i wud have plenty of time to do it. Im also weiting for my blog. Thanx for the post. This could be fun. Thought I admit the last time i tried writing a story it just became my journal lol
I've actually had a look at your blog within the last few weeks. It was interesting to read! While I enjoy getting know people from all walks of life, I love finding other veg*ns of color. As a Latina whose family is from the Caribbean, food is a huge part of my culture. I could go on about the challenges of eschewing some of my family's traditional dishes, but that's another story for another part of the forum, lol.

I hope you enjoy NaNo. And I'm looking forward to reading your blog some more. If you do participate, do you think you'll write about it on your blog? Will the story be veg*n related?

(Love You, Remy)

#6 Old 10-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriormama View Post
Quote:
I've actually had a look at your blog within the last few weeks. It was interesting to read! While I enjoy getting know people from all walks of life, I love finding other veg*ns of color. As a Latina whose family is from the Caribbean, food is a huge part of my culture. I could go on about the challenges of eschewing some of my family's traditional dishes, but that's another story for another part of the forum, lol.

I hope you enjoy NaNo. And I'm looking forward to reading your blog some more. If you do participate, do you think you'll write about it on your blog? Will the story be veg*n related?
Thank you soooo much. I'm glad u enjoy it. The purpose of my blog was to be able to reach different and similar groups of people. Try your best to veganize some of those traditional meals. I should have posted it on my blog but not too long ago I made "oxtails" and rice. Instead of meat I used the beans that are incorporated into the omnivore dish as the base and it came out pretty well.

If I porticipate I will probably put it on the blog as a new experience. And the more u ask questions the more im enticed to see what I can come up with. I know it wont be even remotely close to normal but veganism may play a role.

Thanks again! Hope you keep reading.
warriormama likes this.
#7 Old 10-16-2015, 03:42 PM

Participating for NaNo would be amazing, but timing is not on my side. I'm a full time student with extracurriculars, such as a writing class. I think I'll spend most of November reading other people's work than working on my own stuff. I've heard of people spending a year prepping for NaNoWriMo and attempting to write 50,000 to 80,000 words. Regardless of how far anyone gets, it's a great starting point to actually start a novel rough draft!

I ran into a website called booksie.com where you can put your stuff up and other writers can comment and give feedback, and you read their stuff in return. You can put anything up there that you like. Essays, fiction, nonfiction, flash fiction, poetry. Check it out and see if you like it!
warriormama likes this.
#8 Old 10-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Re-veganizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileyface3364 View Post
Participating for NaNo would be amazing, but timing is not on my side. I'm a full time student with extracurriculars, such as a writing class. I think I'll spend most of November reading other people's work than working on my own stuff. I've heard of people spending a year prepping for NaNoWriMo and attempting to write 50,000 to 80,000 words. Regardless of how far anyone gets, it's a great starting point to actually start a novel rough draft!

I ran into a website called booksie.com where you can put your stuff up and other writers can comment and give feedback, and you read their stuff in return. You can put anything up there that you like. Essays, fiction, nonfiction, flash fiction, poetry. Check it out and see if you like it!
I will definitely have a look at it. Thanks! And best of luck with your course load!

(Love You, Remy)

#9 Old 10-17-2015, 12:51 AM
Re-veganizing

Quote:
Thank you soooo much. I'm glad u enjoy it. The purpose of my blog was to be able to reach different and similar groups of people. Try your best to veganize some of those traditional meals. I should have posted it on my blog but not too long ago I made "oxtails" and rice. Instead of meat I used the beans that are incorporated into the omnivore dish as the base and it came out pretty well.
I was fortunate to enjoy vegan oxtails when I was vegan years ago. It was amazing, and incredibly comforting to have one of my childhood favorites remain in my then-new lifestyle.

I'm all about veganizing traditional meals. I actually made a vegan soap de fideos (PR style chicken noodle soup) since a couple of us are feeling under the weather, and it was glorious. This dish was my family's go-to whenever someone was sick with a cold. My grandmother would make a huge pot of it and, to this day, just the thought of it comforts me.

Quote:
If I porticipate I will probably put it on the blog as a new experience. And the more u ask questions the more im enticed to see what I can come up with. I know it wont be even remotely close to normal but veganism may play a role.

Thanks again! Hope you keep reading.
I'm looking forward to it!

(Love You, Remy)

#10 Old 10-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I first heard about it right here on this website! I keep thinking about it but don't have any ideas about a story. I love science-fiction (some of it anyway), and am somewhat interested in fantasy, but I really have no idea at this point about a storyline.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Tags
creative writing , fiction , nanowrimo , stories , writing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page