who else here knows how to crochet or knit? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM

i have been crocheting (more than knitting) for 5 years. i have a blog about it at www.arlenoriginals.blogspot.com i'm going to start adding my original peices
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM

I live in NH. When the weather gets chillier I start knitted scarves, mostly just for the fun of it. I gave a bunch as gifts around the holidays last year. I wish I could sell them for some supplemental income, but haven't figured out the best way to do so.
#3 Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a compulsive knitter. I've been knitting almost every day for the last 3.5 years, and most of my friends are now enjoying knitted gifts from me. I'm not very good at crochet, I can do a basic chain easily, and maybe do single or double crochet (British terms, I know that it's different in American English), but I don't usually prefer it.

I don't have a blog, but I'm on Ravelry. Easy way to keep track of several projects at once!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I knit, but I'm not very good.
#5 Old 07-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I just learned how to FINALLY do a double stitch?? I think that's what it is. I've known how to do the chain for about 14 years now (lol) and last week I FINALLY learned how to do the next stitch BUT the person who taught me was left handed and I'm right handed so it was definitely a challenge.
#6 Old 07-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

I'm terrible at knitting but I love to crochet. I've made a few afghans but I mostly do filet crocheting.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#7 Old 07-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty good at knitting, although there is really only one pattern I like....I wish I knew how to crochet though!
#8 Old 07-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know how to knit 'properly,' but when it's cold I make hats and scarves on these: http://www.amazon.com/Knifty-Knitter.../dp/B000641FJA

My mom's better at it (and more patient) though.
#9 Old 07-18-2009, 02:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Yep, i learnt how to crochet earlier this year. I posted a few things i had made in the other crochet/knit thread. I'm busy making my first throw, have just finished making a bag, and some pink devil horns for a hen night, lol
#10 Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I know how to knit - but I'm really bad at it. All I can knit are big rectangles (ie: scarves)
#11 Old 08-16-2009, 03:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I love knitting, but I'm terrible at it. I'm really awful for not finishing projects either. I'd just started a shawl when I injured my elbow and then just as my elbow got better, I hurt my hand. Gonna get back in the swing of things now, fingers crossed I don't hurt myself again!

Anyone on Ravelry, please add me! http://www.ravelry.com/projects/yally
#12 Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Beginner

I love knitting. I started knitting early 2008; most of my projects were for my younger brother. My current project is a sweater with cabled sleeves (I'm using the same "Durrow" pattern for the sweater i finished for my brother- my very first sweater I completed) (I'm working on 3 at once- i don't recommend it). I'm on ravelry (name is "Tifftaffy" on ravelry) if anyone wants to see some of the finished projects.

I'd like to get back to working on those sweaters soon- they're due to be finished this October/November... but I doubt I'll get them all done by then :-(

yally- i added you on Ravelry (btw- i liked the beret looking hat you completed, it's very pretty).
#13 Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
mlp
Banned

I knit. I also know how to crochet, but I find knitting more challenging and therefore more interesting.
#14 Old 09-21-2009, 08:55 PM

I can do both. I'm a s-l-o-w knitter though. Right now I'm knitting a scarf for the USO and crocheting a scarf for myself. I'm trying to come up with some nice project to make for my boyfriends siblings/sibling-in-laws for Christmas. Anyone have any ideas?
#15 Old 09-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiepillars View Post

I can do both. I'm a s-l-o-w knitter though. Right now I'm knitting a scarf for the USO and crocheting a scarf for myself. I'm trying to come up with some nice project to make for my boyfriends siblings/sibling-in-laws for Christmas. Anyone have any ideas?

depends on how much time you have to work on them, but I've been able to knit a pair of gloves (fingerless gloves) over a weekend....

but for small baubles, there are tons of patterns of little ornaments to knit up, or perhaps a beanie, pair of socks, or maybe a small scarf?

If you're on ravelry.com there are tons of fantastic (and most times- free) patterns to get a lot of inspiration from- and other knitters to ask any questions you might have regarding the more difficult patterns.
#16 Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 AM

My mom taught me how to crochet when I was 14 years old but it's not something I did regularly (crocheting isn't cool for a 14 year old). A few months ago I decided I wanted to re-learn so I watched youtube videos. Now, I'm doing it everyday, though I wouldn't say I'm good at it.
#17 Old 10-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandab View Post

My mom taught me how to crochet when I was 14 years old but it's not something I did regularly (crocheting isn't cool for a 14 year old). A few months ago I decided I wanted to re-learn so I watched youtube videos. Now, I'm doing it everyday, though I wouldn't say I'm good at it.

oh I wouldn't mind taking a look at those - do you have a link at all ? My mum is left handed and I'm right handed so we could never get to grips with crochet.
#18 Old 10-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiepillars View Post

I'm a basic knitter to say the least, but a couple of Christmas' ago I made Noni's Night Garden Evening Bag (no 108)

It looked fantastic - I'd love to make another.
#19 Old 10-15-2009, 11:55 AM

My mom crochets. I used to know the basic stitch. Need to have her teach me again sometime. She's made some really nice afghans.
#20 Old 11-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Veggie Regular

update: I'm now much better at knitting. I really decided to try and now I'm knitting this super cute scarf! I found the pattern at this website:

http://jaydeedub.blogspot.com/2007/01/white-night.html

Isn't it pretty? I'm starting to get addicted to knitting, ravelry.com is the best.
#21 Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Wow! This thread is old, but I'll reply anyway... I can knit, and I used to knit, but I stopped because it felt awkward to be knitting in public and I eventually lost interest. I'm a guy.
#22 Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM

Knitting is a very important part of who I am. It is a hobby, a passion, and my form of stress relief. I have a website http://knitwerks.com and am also on ravlelry http://www.ravelry.com/people/Knitwerks1.
#23 Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I read this thread awhile ago, but I forgot to reply to it.

If I couldn't knit, I would go crazy

I'm on Ravelry too, but I'd rather not post a link. We really should start a VB group there.

life's not a paragraph
and death i think is no paranthesis
#24 Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't knit.
#25 Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

i love to sew and would really like to learn crochet (gave up on knitting; i can't even do a scarf correctly!), but it's difficult!

"Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity." Â George Carlin
#26 Old 02-28-2010, 03:18 PM

My grandma taught me because she's a leftover from the hippie generation.

(she denies it, although she has a. smoked pot b. hitchhiked to California c. a hammock)
#27 Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I am a very new knitter. Just started this month. I LOVE it. I am currently tackling my first couple of projects (dishcloths) and I hope to take on a gigantic (big for me anyways!) project this summer. My bestfriend is expecting her first child in September so I am hoping to knit her a baby blanket!
#28 Old 03-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I knit and crochet. I don't do enough of either but I would consider myself advanced - with a pattern I can make anything. Crochet is so easy I do it when I watch a DVD with my partner. He complans that I look like an old granny. I am an old granny I say, but he thinks at 41 I shouldn't look like one! x
#29 Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone who hasn't yet, sign up for Ravelry. It's free but may take some time for you to be accepted. They have pay for patterns but tons of free patterns too. Just search for whatever you are looking for with "free" added.

You can see how others projects turned out also.

http://www.ravelry.com/
#30 Old 03-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I learnt to crochet and knit as a kid from both my mother and grandmother. Over the years I have on the odd occasion gotten back into it. Last year I started crocheting a LOt as I realised how much I enjoy it still. I made several gifts for one of my friends who was expecting a baby and made lots of projects to advance myself. I can now happily complete an intermediate pattern. But have yet to try and knit an advanced pattern... most things I want to make only come in intermediate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page