Dumpster Diving - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM

Just wondering if anyone has tried it; it's a great (and free!) way to get food, among other things. I know people will say it's unsanitary, but you can find a lot of good, fresh, unopened stuff in dumpsters behind grocery stores and markets. Tons of food and other things are thrown away for ridiculous reasons, such as dented cans or boxes, which have no effect on the quality whatsoever. So who here has done it? Any tips or stories?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=89706

Several of us do!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#3 Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM

Oops! I searched for a thread but nothing came up... Perhaps I misused the search. Sorry!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe your search settings were for threads that have been updated in the past 30 days? That's the first thing that comes to mind. "Dumpster diving" as a searchable phrase comes up in multiple threads for me.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#5 Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Maybe your search settings were for threads that have been updated in the past 30 days? That's the first thing that comes to mind. "Dumpster diving" as a searchable phrase comes up in multiple threads for me.

Yep, my search settings were overly specific so nothing came up. Thanks for telling me that; from now on I'll make sure I'm searching correctly.
#6 Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Can't wrap my head around it for food. Other items I don't care about. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
#7 Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaFest View Post

Perhaps I misused the search.

I hope you don't get banned for that!

#8 Old 11-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaFest View Post

Yep, my search settings were overly specific so nothing came up. Thanks for telling me that; from now on I'll make sure I'm searching correctly.

No sweat! You're new, so there's certainly no expectation you're going to know everything. "Community Assistance" is the part of the forum for asking questions about how to use the forum or suggestions for making it better, in case you haven't noticed it yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page