Curried Carrot and Coconut Soup - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Heart Beet

Curried Carrot and Coconut Soup by dirtysole

Category: Soups

This recipe is suitable for a: vegetarian/vegan diet.

Ingredients:

-----------------------------------------------------

4-5 large carrots

1 onion

2 cans coconut milk

1 1/2 TB. curry (or to taste)

1 tsp. salt

1 1/2 packets of stevia (or sweetener of your choice to taste)

Instructions:

slice carrots and onion small and set to parboil in just enough water to cover. when they are soft, drain the water off and put the cooked veggies in a food processor or blender and whiz until smoothish. dump this puree back into the soup pot and add 2 cans of coconut milk and the spices. heat, adjust spicing to suit your taste and enjoy!

Additional comments:

i just made this up in the kitchen tonight (though i have seen many similar recipes) because it's cold and i needed comfort food (for me that means curry!) and i had almost nothing to cook with... tell me what you think!

For a printable version of this recipe click the post # in the upper right hand corner.

You can rate this recipe using the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-10-2008, 08:18 PM

I know this is an old recipe...but I just wanted to say thank you in case you might see it. I have never had curry before and I thought this looked simple and yet familiar enough that I would give it a try. It came out beautifully and was such a delightful introduction to curries I will be trying more!

(I did cheat a little though---I just threw all the indgredients into my vitamix and let 'er rip! Amazing!!!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page