I put together this recipe from two different noodle soups I found. I was very pleased with the outcome and will definitely be cooking it again! :) Hope you like it.
Mushroom & Veg Udon Noodle Soup
Serves 2-3 as a main or 4 as an appetiser.
- Udon noodles, enough for serving number
- 1 inch chunk of ginger, minced or chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Shallots, finely chopped OR half a small onion, finely chopped
- 4 Spring onions, chopped diagonally or thinly sliced
- 1 small chilli pepper, finely chopped OR sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1 half head of chinese cabbage, OR savoy cabbage, cut into strips
- Pack of "exotic mushrooms" (mine were oyster, enoki and I think brown enoki?) roughly a handful of each or however many you want.
- 4 medium carrots, chopped diagonally
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Bamboo shoots (optional)
- 1/4 cup of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste (optional)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp sesame oil OR vegetable oil
- 7 cups of water
Take a heavy bottom saucepan (one that's going to fit about 8 cups of water in).
1. Gently fry the shallots, chilli pepper, ginger and garlic in the sesame oil until it creates an aroma, so a few minutes, making sure it doesn't burn. Then add the soy sauce and gently fry for another minute or two.
2. Add the water, and bring to boil. Add the vegetable cube and simmer.
3. Add the cabbage and cook for 5 minutes, then add the carrots and lemon zest and lemon juice. Cook until cabbage and carrots are tender.
4. Simmering, add the mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender.
5. Meanwhile cook udon noodles accordingly in a separate pan. Add bamboo shoots to the soup before serving.
Drain the noodles and serve them into bowls, then pour the soup over. Add spring onions to serve! YUM.
Hope you enjoy ^_^
That does look good. I never have all the ingredients of any recipe around my house though when I need em :( And I don't particularly like to cook....but it's nice to look at the gorgeous food lol.
Looks delicious!!! mmm mm mmm
and now it's time for dinner!! haha Thanks for this.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.