Soups can be so simple to make. This one is super-simple: and has only 4 ingredients (+ salt and pepper).
4 white onions
2 tsps chilli flavoured olive oil
4 tsps Vecon vegetable stock paste (you can use any vegetable stock paste or even dried stock cubes, if you don't have Vecon)
2 tsps cornflour
salt and pepper, to taste.
1. Peel all onions. Chop 2 finely, and slice the other two into thin rings.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan until rippling . Turn down slightly and add onions. Cook until soft and starting to brown.
3. Meanwhile bring 6 cups of water to the boil in a large pan. Add vegetable stock and stir until melted.
4. Add cooked onions, bring to the boil, and turn down to a simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Simmer for 10-15 minutes (you can simmer for longer if you want a stronger onion flavour).
6. Mix cornflour in a small bowl with a small amount of water until liquified. Add to soup and stir until soup thickens.
7. Serve with wholemeal bread rolls.