Served as a snack or lunch, it's fun to make and is particularly enjoyed by kids.
It can be made in the oven, but I like to use my toaster oven.
- whole wheat english muffins (usually 1 muffin serves 1 person)
- tomato sauce (about two teaspoons covers one english muffin half)
- mozzarella cheese (mix and match. Try adding cheddar, feta, parmessan, romano, etc.)
- any pizza toppings (mushrooms, onions, peppers...)
1. Slice english muffins into halves and toast until light brown in toaster oven (make sure you have it on the "toast" option.)
2. Remove from toaster oven and top with tomato sauce**, cheese and any other toppings you desire.
3. Place on small, toaster-oven-sized baking tray, and bake in toaster oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
**I use homemade tomato sauce, and it's rather plain, so I add salt, pepper, dried oregano, and chilli peppers.