It's very versatile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 09-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, yes it is.
#93 Old 09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Just had to come back and report that I made this tonight and it is yummy...thanks for sharing this recipe!

~~Never take for granted the things in your posession, put your crown to the ground and stay in constant submission to the MOST HIGH~~~
~~ Yesterday is the past, and tomorrow is the future, today is a gift and that's why it's called the PRESENT~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 09-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

!!!! This is fabulous! I can't believe how delicious this is, it tastes eerily like tuna (minus the yucky fishy taste). This is a keeper, I'll be making this several times a month for sure.
#95 Old 09-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I've made it three times this month and introduced it to my roomies who love it.

Mmmmmm.... Mock tuna.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#96 Old 09-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemeggie View Post

!!!! This is fabulous! I can't believe how delicious this is, it tastes eerily like tuna (minus the yucky fishy taste).

I thought "the yucky fish taste" was what tuna was all about? So is it more the TEXTURE of tuna without the actual tuna taste?
#97 Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I thought "the yucky fish taste" was what tuna was all about? So is it more the TEXTURE of tuna without the actual tuna taste?

I think many people associate "tuna" flavor with the onions, celery, mayo, etc that is in this, seeing as that's how people often prepare tuna.
#98 Old 09-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

I think many people associate "tuna" flavor with the onions, celery, mayo, etc that is in this, seeing as that's how people often prepare tuna.

Ah! Makes sense. So maybe the recipe should be called "onion-mayo-relish-celery" salad? Nah, doesn't sound NEARLY as much fun!
#99 Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Yeah it's about the spices for me! But, the flavor of the chickpeas does remind me of tuna, kind of. It's hard to explain. All I know is that I LOVE it and my mom ended up eating almost all of it, so now I will be making more. I might have to make double or triple batches of this stuff.

I'm not mad at my mom for eating it because I'm optimistic that this mock tuna will help convert her from her pescetarian ways
#100 Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I finally got around to trying this and have made it twice in the last week.

I've got my mom hooked on it too.

It tastes nothing like real tuna to me, though, which is a good thing. I never liked tuna sandwiches as an omni.
#101 Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Banned

LOL, I went to make this, I haven't made it in years and I just had a taste for it and found not nary a can o' chick peas, so now I am making a pot of beans from scratch to make this recipe! It's that good!!!!
#102 Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Just fixed it, great recipe thanks!
#103 Old 11-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Does anyone have a decent picture of this that I can use for an upcoming article?

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#104 Old 07-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I made some today. I just mashed the beans up with a potato masher. Got a nice texture I must say. I also added kelp flakes to give it a "fishy" taste. I think next time I'll use Dulse flakes, since the kelp was a sample and kinda subtle. I think the dulse will be a bit stronger of a flavor.

But it's got a nice texture. I think next time I will use a touch of lemon juice to tang it. I didn't add onion, I think I may add that next time. Maybe some siracha or garlic powder, since that's what I used to do with Tuna when I was omni.

Enjoying it with some crackers since we're out of bread
#105 Old 07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

We love it on crackers at our house.
#106 Old 05-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I made this but because I do not care for veganaise I mashed half of a advocado and loved it ! Next time I may add chopped sweet roasted red peppers instead of relish ....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page