My Coconut Walnut Bread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 AM

Michael, could you please move to proper forum? I apologize, was reading in here and forgot to move to Breads to post. TY

I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, so recipe contains eggs.

This is a yummy sweet bread, great with butter in the morning. it can be microwaved, as it contains no yeast. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

*1 cup sugar
*1/2 cup Canola Oil
*2 eggs
*1 tsp. Real Coconut Extract
*1 1/2 cup Bread flour
* 1/2 tbsp Wheat gluten
*1/3 tsp Baking Powder
*1/3 tsp baking Soda
*1/2 cup Coconut Milk
*2/3 cup shredded Coconut
*1/3 cup finely chopped English Walnuts

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter or grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
In a mixer's mixing bowl, beat the sugar and oil. Beat in the eggs and coconut extract.
Slow down the mixer, and slowly add the dry ingredients, allowing it to completely mix in between pours. Alternate with adding the Coconut milk. Pour into the greased pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes. Allow to completely cool before slicing.

Alynxia
'All we are is the result of what we have thought, it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him like a shadow that never leaves him.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Beginner

Ah, two of my very favourite things put together, coconut and walnut! And I love sweet breads too so I guess that makes three. Eggs are usually quite easy to replace in these recipes so I don't think it'll be a problem to make eggless if anyone wants to. I've never put coconut in walnut bread before, it sounds amazing, I will definitely be doing this at some point. Thank you for posting!
#3 Old 01-09-2011, 04:17 AM

Hello Fetti,
Yes, this bread is one from my mother. Very good. The English walnuts are mild enough to where they compliment the coconut, instead of overwhelming it. i'm eating a piece now

Alynxia
'All we are is the result of what we have thought, it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him like a shadow that never leaves him.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Beginner

I've never really thought about different types of walnuts before - does the fact that they're English walnuts make a really noticeable difference to the taste?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page